25. Possessive Boss

Anaya looked around as she was guided towards the room

Anaya looked around as she was guided towards the room. They opened the door and stepped inside. She was surprised to see the room was well-decorated. The girls passed wide grins at each other.

Cautiously, she looked around and cringed when her gaze fell on a huge portrait of Maaz just above the bed. There were a few photos of Maaz in almost every corner of the room.

Talk about self-obsession- Anaya thought; pressing her lips tightly. Minus, his face stuck on the walls the décor of the room was sober. There was an elegant double seater couch facing the bed. Anaya turned around and looked at the girls, they stopped giggling but were still smiling widely.

She hesitated, - 'Um, where is the bathroom?' Anaya inquired. They pointed towards the closed door.

'Okay, you guys freshen up,' – Mehnaz paused to giggle, - 'and take rest,' – she giggled again, - 'See you in the evening.' Mehnaz spoke struggling with fits of giggle. Rukhsar was just suppressing her smile. They turned to leave, just then Maaz entered carrying Alia in his arms. He frowned upon seeing the girls laugh. Alia was irritated when her mother told her, sternly, to come with her.

Few butlers came with the luggage and placed it at the edge of the bed. They bowed little to Maaz and then walked out of the room. Mehnaz winked at her brother as she closed the door.

'Don't be so creepy, Appi.' He called, annoyed, to her as the door closed.

Anaya held the doorknob and was about to open the bathroom door when Maaz interrupted her. He pushed past her and locked the door from inside.

'What the hell?' She exclaimed with her hands on her hips. She began pacing in the room, even though her bladder was about to explode and the room with his faces everywhere was making her claustrophobic she tried to be calm.

After what seemed like an eternity, the door unlocked, and she hurried. Maaz stepped out in his track pants.

'What the...' Anaya stopped in her tracks, closed her eyes and turned around.

'What? And why have you closed your eyes?' Maaz shrugged. She mentally rolled her eyes.

'Where are your clothes?' She asked, miffed.

'Inside. Don't tell me you were expecting me to keep wearing that ghastly thing.' He said making a face.

'At least wear a shirt.' Anaya gritted her teeth.

'I don't wear shirts in sleep. Sorry,' – He paused and then added, - 'By the way, you saw me shirtless that night. What is a big deal?' He shrugged.

Anaya gulped as her mind eye wandered to that night, she had seen more than just shirtless Maaz. She felt his arm brush against her arm as he passed by her. She straightened and looked at him. He coolly walked towards the bed and fell with a thud. He sighed happily. She shook her head.