14. The horror story of Anaya's life

One week passed, Anaya was surprised she had her sanity intact, even after Sheeraz and especially, Maaz testing her patience

One week passed, Anaya was surprised she had her sanity intact, even after Sheeraz and especially, Maaz testing her patience. She can still avoid Sheeraz but Maaz, she must spend half her day with him.

The only good thing that happened in this one week was Gabin. She would smile recollecting their one and only proper meeting. It was the time she had gone to lunch at her favorite joint. He was there too, and they had shared a meal together. Not talking much and Anaya made a fool of herself by accidentally dropping a cup. After that, he kept popping up in most places where she went.

At first, Anaya was surprised. It was always she who would secretly be crushing over him. Now, he was taking so much interest in her. It was nothing, but a dream come true. Compare to her, Pooja had very less interaction with him. Every time, she would want to talk to him. He would answer her while not looking at her or would hastily talk to her or if they cross their paths in the kitchen, he would avoid her. All this discouraged Pooja a lot.

'You are a lucky bitch, Anaya.' Pooja commented as she took her seat on the sofa. Anaya beamed at her and slumped beside her. Tonight, was one of the nights when Pooja had off and she decided to be with Anaya that night. Pooja sighed and leaned forward. She uncapped a bottle of coke and poured some coke into one glass and then the other.

'But what about Sheeraz?' She asked as she passed a glass to Anaya. She frowned. Anaya knew Pooja purposefully asked this question. But she doesn't point it out, instead, she hummed and nodded.

'What have you thought of him?' Pooja inquired further.

'I dunno,' – Anaya shrugged, - 'But I know one thing, Gabin too likes me perhaps not more than I do, but still. So, I am thinking to confront him. Once he tells me that he loves me then-'

'Then?' Pooja interrupted taking a sip. Anaya frowned for a moment and then smirked.

'Then I will elope with him and get married.' She said. Pooja's mouth opened but before the drink spilled from her mouth, she quickly closed it. Anaya cringed as she wiped the corner of her mouth. She gulped the drink and blinked at her

'Babes, you are set and me,' – She sighed, - 'I guess I should start hitting on the new boss.' Her face lit up and Anaya rolled her eyes. She leaned on the sofa and brought the rim of the glass to her mouth.

'No use.' She informed taking a sip. Pooja frowned and looked at her.

'Why?'- She gasped, - 'Abey, yaar. Don't tell me he has a girlfriend.' She whined looking away.

Anaya smiled to herself and very calmly replied, - 'He has a boyfriend.' She twirled her feet. Pooja looked as though she will faint at any moment.

'He is gay?' -She exclaimed and took a moment to add further, - 'Shit yaar, why are all handsome men turning gay, nowadays.' She punched the air in anger. Anaya suppressed her giggle.