20. The Virgin Boss

Anaya had just stepped out of the bar with a glass of beer when someone called her, and she turned

Anaya had just stepped out of the bar with a glass of beer when someone called her, and she turned. Gabin stood at some distance and was waving at her. She gulped. Her heart began to flutter again. His man had magic in him. He began to walk towards her while she froze. He approached her and stood in front of her.

'Hi!' He greeted her as he placed his palms in his pocket.

'Where are you off to in such a hurry?' He asked. He flashed a smile and Anaya could feel weak in her knees.

'Actually—actually, Maaz sir has asked for his beer and he hates when I get late.' She replied.

'Oh!' Gabin's expressions changed, - 'You and Maaz sir are a—couple?' He sounded uncertain.

'Huh!' Anaya frowned. Gabin apologized if he had offended her but she let it go.

He checked his watch and then looked back at her, - 'There is still time for my shift. Why don't you meet me by the hotel coffee shop after you are done?' He asked and Anaya instantly agreed. He bid her good-bye and walked away. She watched him with starry eyes.

When Anaya entered Maaz's cabin he was reading a newspaper. She frowned as she had never seen Maaz reading newspapers. She ignored it and walked towards his desk.

She cleared her throat, - 'Sir!'

Maaz panicked and hurriedly stuffed the paper under his table. Anaya shook her head slightly and placed the glass of beer on his table, taking a step back.

'Sir,' – she placed strands of her hair behind her ear and spoke uncertainly, - 'Umm, I have—some work—can I go, please.' She tried to sound polite.

'Okay.' Maaz replied. He sounded like he was happy to get rid of her. Anyway, it didn't matter to her as she was glad to get rid of him too.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Anaya hurried to the coffee shop and found Gabin sitting there. He was scrolling through his mobile. She paused for a while to admire him. Admiring him from far was something she could do forever. Quickly, she straightened and walked towards the shop but before she could reach him, her phone rang. She glanced at it and stopped in her tracks,

- 'Papa Calling!'

'Darn it!' She cursed. She glanced at Gabin with sad eyes and turned around. She had to take this call.

By the time, Anaya completed talking on the phone, she was a puddle of tears. Her father had scolded her very badly. It was for the first time in her life that her father spoke to her for more than half an hour. The entire time, he kept screaming his lungs out. Ignoring everyone, Anaya hurried to her cabin. She locked herself in her cabin and cried her eyes out. She wondered what her fault was if the paparazzi clicked photos of her. She wondered how much more humiliation she will have to take from her own parents.