15. At a Business Party

Will Anaya propose Gabin? What will be Gabin's reaction? And what is in store for our leads, Maaz and Anaya.

Let's find out

'That wasn't Miss

'That wasn't Miss. Hasan's cabin.' Maaz scolded the young man behind the reception counter. He frowned.

'Sir, there are few Hasans but who are you talking about?' The young man spoke politely. He paused for a moment and then added, - 'What is her first name?' He asked. Maaz was about to open his mouth but paused because he didn't know her first name. He leaned back and scratched his head as he racked his brain thinking of her name.

What was her name? Something with A? At least I know the starting letter of her name? Amaira? No, No, Anamika? No, No. How can she be Anamika Hasan? Anuskha? Ananya? Aisha? A....

After a moment, he felt his head hurt. He looked angrily at the young lad.

'Dude, I haven't got the whole day. I am the boss and I have so much work to do. And see my secretary is missing.'  Maaz retorted.

Realization dawned on the reception guy and he smiled, - 'Sir, you mean Anaya Hussain.' He pointed out. Maaz felt the name sound familiar and so he nodded. He noticed the man smile slightly and he felt stupid. He cleared his throat and straightened buttoning his coat. Then, the man guided him to her cabin. Maaz mentally noted the way.

Around fifteen minutes later, Maaz was lost and he ended up in the basement. He was haphazard by the time he managed to come to the kitchen. He looked around and found a tall French man wearing a chef coat walking towards the kitchen.

'Hey, you!' He called. The man paused with his hand on the door. He turned around. Maaz placed his palms into his trouser pocket and walked towards the man.

'You?'

'Gabin.' He replied and ran his finger through his hair. Maaz eyed his hair for a moment and then looked into his eyes.

He cleared his throat, - 'You—you know—where my sectary's cabin is?' He asked. Gabin nodded.

'Come, sir, I will show you.' He said. Maaz was mentally relieved Gabin himself suggested it. Now, he won't be lost.

Maaz stood outside the cabin, he read the name-plate and confirmed it was indeed her cabin. Then, he cleared his throat and knocked at the door. There was no response. Maaz wasn't patient to knock again and so he entered. He frowned looking around. The tiny cabin was empty.

'Miss Hasan?' He called but no response. He walked towards the table and tapped on the wooden surface with his index finger. Looking around he found something lying on the table, an envelope. He got curious.

Is she resigning? Shit man, I don't want another secretary. I don't start everything with scratch – He thought, making a face. Without thinking he tore the top of the envelope and took out a maroon card.