12. Stepping into Father's shoes

Sheeraz's entire day was crappy

Sheeraz's entire day was crappy. He wasn't liking here but had agreed to come to Paris only for Anaya. Mr. Hussain, had gotten this job for him and he was grateful but also, he wanted his internship to end soon so he could marry Anaya. He would blush every time he thought of marrying her. His smile faded when someone slammed their palm on his table. He nearly fell but managed to grab the arm-rest in time. Startled and confused, he looked up and found a pretty woman glaring at him. He blinked at her for a moment and then realized she was his boss. Oh, Shit! He forgot her name.

'What are you doing, Mr. Alam? You are daydreaming in a meeting?' She scolded. Sheeraz gulped hard and looked around. He was sitting amongst other interns and the boss was lecturing them. He looked at the projection screen and blinked a couple of times.

'Mr. Alam.' Rukhsar tapped on his table with her knuckles. He looked at her and nodded in a daze. Rukhsar pressed her lips tightly in anger and walked towards the screen. Sheeraz shifted in his seat and looked around red-faced.

One more thing, Sheeraz hated was the boss lady. He wasn't used to being bossed around by women. And this woman was very bossy. He didn't know how he will tolerate her. He moved his hand and held his forehead.

Sheeraz was a happy man when the meeting was dispersed. Rukhsar watched him as he seemed excited. Happily, he placed the sling of his bag on his shoulder and was about to go when she called him. Sheeraz frowned stopping in his track and looked at her. Rukhsar was eyeing him with her arms folded. She gestured with her hand – I am watching you. He nodded and walked out.

Sheeraz was irritated by the time he got into a cab. The only good thing was listening to Anaya's voice when he had called her after Lunch, though she had only said, - I am busy right now, I will talk to you later.

He sighed dreamily and took out his phone from the top right pocket of the shirt. He glanced at the cab driver and decided to call her after he reached home.

At home, Sheeraz was fed stomach full by Mrs. Hussain. He groaned as he walked into his room. Massaging his stomach, he walked towards the window. He opened it and moved half his body. He burped loudly, then he felt shy and chuckled retracting inside. An amused smile lingered on his face as he closed the door.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Anaya sighed finishing her plate of pasta. She picked up her dirty plate and walked into the kitchen. Quickly, she washed her plate and dried it, then she placed it on the rack of plates.

After she had boiled milk and settled in her bed, she picked up the novel she had been reading, - Frankenstein.

She was engrossed in reading until her phone rang. She gulped the last sip of milk and placed her mug on the bedside table and placed a bookmark into the book. Placing the book on her lap, she leaned and picked up her phone.