23. A Bitchy Best Friend

Anaya was shocked when Rashid informed her that Maaz has agreed for the marriage

Anaya was shocked when Rashid informed her that Maaz has agreed for the marriage. The next day at work she confronted him. He smirked leaning in the chair, he placed his arm on the table.

'To prove to you that like other girls who go crazy for me, you will too.' He said casually. Anaya's jaw dropped. She took a moment to understand what he said and then replied,

'And for that, you will destroy my life?' She felt annoyed. More than that she was angry. Maaz smiled and stuck out his palm.

'Chill, Miss. Hasan oops to be- Mrs. Hasan,' – he chuckled, - 'We are not going to stay married forever. Just a few months and I will free you.' – He paused, - 'Cool?'

Anaya bit her lip as she thought. Just a few months with him and then she will be free. She smiled to herself, he, himself, was talking about divorce and so she won't have to feel guilty about marrying him. Right then, she thought it was a wise decision. She looked at him and nodded.

'Perfect,' – Maaz extended his hand, - 'Deal?'

Anaya nodded, - 'Deal.' – She paused as they shook hands, - 'And it is Miss. Hussain.'

'Whatever,' – Maaz relaxed in his chair, - 'Get me a beer.' He said looking away. Anaya sighed, shaking her head.

▪⎯⎯⎯∞⎯⎯⎯▪

Anaya sat in her tiny cabin and scrolled through the news feed of her social media account. Suddenly, she paused seeing a photo posted by Pooja. She straightened in her seat and drew in a sharp breath. It was a photo of Pooja with Gabin, together and happily posing for the camera. Anaya stared at the photo with her lips pursed tightly. Then, she read the caption – My shy lover, My secret Admirer. I love you too. And she could feel her stomach tightening. That should have been her in Gabin's arms.

After the shock sunk in, Anaya placed her phone on the table and thought, - So, Gabin proposed to her. She looked away biting her lower lip and tapping her fingers on the table, - That is why he used to be shy around Pooja and avoid her. Perhaps, after confessing to Anaya he got some courage. She smiled sadly.

Also, she felt hurt because her "Friend" didn't tell her and instead she found out from social media.

Anaya checked her phone and noticed the number of likes and love reaction, the comment section was flooded with congratulating messages. She felt jealous and so unwillingly she unfriended her on social media. After she placed her phone back on the top, she leaned and held her forehead. Just then, there was a knock and she looked up. She was surprised to see Gabin on the other side. Reflexively, she stood and then realized she shouldn't look desperate.

Calm yourself, Anaya. You are getting married to the boss – She self-motivated herself. She adjusted the crease of the olive-green knee-length pencil skirt and opened the door. She kept her best to be a confident face as she folded her arms, - 'Yes.' She spoke formally. Gabin was slightly taken aback by her tone.