Ready Or Not

Chris Pov

Six months later

They are getting married in august

Sitting with Annie and Jess planning the wedding, street is out with Hondo and deac right now tan is with Bonnie and Luca is with Kelly and her mom. Street and I are looking for our place but haven't found anything that feels like home to us. "So Chris we still have to get your dress and the bridesmaids dresses and send but the invites and order the cake as well" Annie says.

"Okay no problem" I say getting up from the table "where are you going" Jess asks "the restroom really quickly" I reply. Walking up I grab my purse from the front table and head upstairs. Walking into the bathroom, closing and locking the door opening my purse and pulling out a box.

Looking at it reads clear blue pregnancy test. I fiddle with the box in my hands, knowing that my life could change within a matter of mint, well not just mine but streets as well. Looking at the instructions, I drank three glasses of water since I have been here so I'm good to go. Taking the test I do one of them, waiting to see if my life is going to change forever. Then there is a knock on the door "Chris are you okay in there, can I come in" Annie asks through the door.

"Yes come in" I reply, Annie and Jess walk through the door together. Im sitting on the bathtub, Annie sits on the toilet and Jess sits on the floor. Grabbing the test off the counter im holding it in my hands. "What's going on, you have been in here for a minute is everything okay" Annie asks concerned? I smiled and looked between her and Jess and handed her the now capped test.

She flipped it over and Jess saw it to, "Chris are you for real" Annie asks me? I shake my head yes, "oh my gosh this is so exciting" Jess said hugging me. "Chris when did you start to suspect something" Annie asks smiling and hugging me to? "Well a couple of days ago, I felt sick at work and I got to thinking about it, I went and got a test but I didn't take it at the house, because I didn't want to get streets hopes if I wasn't you know" I said. "Chris what are you talking about, he has before he wants kids, your guys are going to be great parents" Annie says putting her hand on my knee.

"Thank you" I say hugging the both of them, "your welcome Chris we are here for you"Jess replies. "Alright now the only thing left to do is tell him" I said pulling back from them. "Oh I have the perfect idea" Annie says "what is it" I ask "follow me" she says and we follow her out, and to their bedroom. She goes to their closet and brings out a box and set's it on their bed, "Annie what's this" I ask "well just in case deac and I have more kids I have little fun ways of telling him I'm pregnant"she replies.

We open the box and I immediately see something that Sparks an idea in my head. "Annie hand me that teddy bear please" I say "why what are you thinking Chris" Jess asks? "Well when we first started dating and I got beat up from an offender, I was walking up to my apartment and I found a teddy bear outside my apartment and it made me feel better and happy plus I love teddy bears. Street is like my big teddy bear that's one thing I love about him" I say.

"Awe and here you go, here is a card and also I have a little badge with stickers on it that you can put baby street or whatever you want" she says smiling. "Okay thank you,Luca is spending time with Kelly's mom tonight and so I think tonight will be perfect and just in case I booked an OBGYN appointment which I needed to ask you about captain" I said "you got it covered you and street won't have to come in until after your appointment okay" she replied. "Thank you" I said with tears in my eyes, I hugged them both again as I was pulling away my phone started ringing.

"Oh street texted me, he said he's going to be home soon, I have to go guys. And thank you both again" I say as we hugged one more time. I grabbed my stuff from downstairs and left, all the way home I am thinking about this little life inside me. Pulling into the driveway, I still have about fifteen minutes before he comes home. Walking in I grab the clear blue from my purse and read the box it says the test will last for twenty four hours.

I went to the bathroom and waited for the test to be done again. Walking back out to the kitchen, I grab the teddy bear dressed in the police uniform and write on the note "hi Daddy I'm going to be here in nine months, I love you already and hope to see you soon". Then I grabbed the stickers and put on their officer street, I put this all in a box I found in the closet.

As I'm going to get changed into leggings and tank top and light jacket, I hear a car door close. I know it's street because he sometimes backs into the driveway, instead of pulling in. Walking out but not wanting to be seen yet so.

Street POV

Walking into the house I look around and yell "Chris are you here" I ask? No answer probably in the bathroom, walking into the kitchen I see a box on the counter. Opening it up I pull out a bear, with a card attached to it. It's bear with a police costume picking up the note, opening I start to read it. Turning around reading the note, I then look up and see Chris standing at the doorway smiling.

She starts walking towards me, I look down at the note again and when I look up at her again she is right in front of me. "Are you serious" I ask starting to smile "yes, and I already booked an on" appointment for tomorrow, Jess and Annie know because I took the test at their house because I didn't want to just get your hopes up for nothing" she replies.

She holds up another test with the words pregnant written acrossed it, I picked her up and she put her head in my neck and we stayed like this for a few minutes. Picking her up off the floor, I start to tear up pulling back and setting her on the floor. I feel a tear slide down my cheek, I feel Chris wipe it away. I lean down and kiss her "Chris I love you" I say "I love you to Jim" she replies.

I set her on the counter, still kissing, then  going down lifting her tank top up and kissing chris stomach. "come on let's go to bed" I said. "Okay"she replies, swiftly picking her up and carrying her to bed, getting changed quickly and sliding into bed after her. Kissing her forehead and rubbing her belly, as we fall asleep. I didn't think I could ever love her even more than I already do.