Crescent 37: As the night wears on...(1)

"The heart..break the shell, and let the pearls illumine the world and the soul.."

- Hilya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Two years ago after the incident, I met my uncle.."

He remembered.

That day Âyatullah met him, and spoke to him..for the first time in years.

He told him what had actually happened at the time of the rebellion. It was true that most of the tribes had betrayed the country, in order to save their own necks..

Baladus-Sulaymân had five main Royal families, and each family had their affiliating tribes, sworn to protect and guard its members.

Prior to the revolt, the three ruling families had agreed with the King that it couldn't be stopped, except much bloodshed had occurred. With the renege of trusted officials, the safety of the throne had been compromised.

And the suppliers of the rebels for the attack, were none other than their northern neighbours -Mijannah.

Had the country steeped into deep turmoil and each side had succeeded in annihilating the other, the country would have been attacked by external forces.

It was only a matter of time, with the internal strife ongoing. King Sulaymân made a deal with the rebels with the condition that they'd avoid bloodshed, leave the officials in their positions, and spare the royal family.

However, immediately after they took over, they didn't just renege on their promise, but ended up massacring everyone that opposed them, and killed the mainline royal family.

Due to the urgency of the situation, the branching families had to surrender. They would keep their positions, but would relegate all supreme authority to the four sects, known as the Tetragrammaton!

By the time, King Sulaymân had realized that the true leaders behind the rebellion were the magicians of his father's past government, it was too late..

The entire country was completely changed, right down to its roots and foundation - The Deen of Al Islâm..

But all that was of no relevance to Arkaan, of course..

He should never know he was the prince, or.. his life would also be in danger.

"Our eviction from the tournament, had something to do with the Saint Stone..."

"The Saint Stone??"Arkaan looked at Ukashah in surprise. He had thought there was a more - logical answer. He hadn't expected this incredulity, especially, from someone like Ukashah.

Seeing the look of amazement on Arkaan's face, Ukashah sighed. He knew it was an unbelievable story, but that was the actual truth, why was forced to withdraw.

It, and, ..the betrayal.

So he continued.

"Our Ustadh had disappeared prior to the tournament, as you already know. That was the last we had seen of him. However, his disappearance, according to my uncle, was because of this Saint stone.