Crescent 20: The Best Reciter(2)

If even Ukashah was stunned by Zak's recital just now, how much more the other boys!!

Arkaan was in a daze, and so was everyone else, so they couldn't realize at the moment that even Ukashah was shocked.

It was just a phrase...

It wasn't even a Qur'anic verse...

Yet, it caused great transformations amongst those who heard it, and the surrounding which witnessed it. Fate seemed to flow back in time,...

To a period two years ago and beyond..

When there was a Scholar and five of his chosen best students on a mountain..

"Sor-.. Urwah, recite, so our hearts would soften.."

"..Ustadh, why tell me to recite, when it's obvious among us five, Zayn and Abdul both are the best in recitals?"

The boy looked at his Ustadh, his dark eyes tearstained, twinkled above skin with permanent depression marks. One would think him the victim of some great injustice.

Yet, even in his invalid state, with skin as pale as death, and parched lips, he didn't seem to reduce in pleasantness.

If one didn't know this particular boy's past, one would say he was the embodiment of angels and saints.

And why was he like this? Well, sometimes, the greatest saints were birthed from the most heinous of villains. Those who perpetrated, and broke every law and command of God..

When they turned back, they couldn't hold back their remorse. Thus, there are piteous implorations to the Heavens every night..
Just to seek for forgiveness.

"Recite..for only yours, truly has what it takes.. to bring fear and sorrow to the heart.

Only yours can convey the message of the Creator to the hearts, and soften the hearts, so even the sinner would reflect.

The best reciter carries the fear of Allah in his voice.." He held his hand to tousle the boy's head, but then stopped midair.

He remembered, this was not his same Urwah from before.

The boy smiled a sorrowful smile. He understood he would never be truly accepted. His current identity was proof.., as well as atonement.

"Ustadh.. Do not forget. The promise we made.."

At this, the scholar smiled sadly, replacing his hand at his back. Within the next moment, the boy's voice suddenly drifted in the air,

"Wa siiqalladhīna kafaruu ilaa jahannama zumaraa(And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups).."

Ba-dum! Ba-dum!A clear heartbeat rang in the still air.

Thump!