Crescent 23:South district Halaqah! You and I, Our grievances are irre...(2)

"For each of us, the future holds a night of death, the morning of which is the Day of Resurrection."

- Osman Nuri Topbas
[Tears Of The Heart]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're invited to share with me my sweet dish.. provided you'd play a game with me.

Go or chess, whichever you're much fluent in.."

The boy looked down, examining the set table in front of the old man. An imperceptible gleam passed through his eyes.

"You do know Heaven Gathering Clouds, don't you? Sheikh Zeeshan.."The boy smiled slyly,"I'd like to play that game.."

The old man's eyes lit up in reminiscence.

It almost seemed as if he'd gone back in time to relive an idyllic experience in the past. Then, suddenly thinking about something, he face turned down in a frown and he gave a cold snort.

This young'un thinks he just spoke some profound words err.. Fatuous!

"So you're Al Iskandarī's punk, right?!"He spoke in an irritated way.

"I guess you could say so",Abdul Bâqi laughed,"I was hoping you'd accept me as a personal apprentice.., - upon knowing my association with Ustadh Inaayat."

At least he's frank.. The old man appraised. Certainly Inaayat's punk..

"Never thought I'd ever hear anything about him after the last time we met."The old man sighed.

"Was hoping to meet with him here once the GQRC began, those two years ago.., especially when I heard your feats in the Hâ Mîm towns. It's such a pity what happened happened at that time.

Being one of Tâ Hâ's five Quraa', and one among the few in this present young generation to have comprehended Ta'weel(used in the sense of Tafsîr), and rose to levels of Tadabbûr unachieved yet by your peers.

Indeed, your reputation as 'Sayyid-ul-Quraa fii haadha Zaman' is not just lip service!"

Ihtishâm's pupils constricted."Could he be.."

"YH! ABDUL BÂQI AL ASWÂDI! - The Qaari who's recital is said to be a phenomenon, and is widely known as the Sayyid of all reciters of our generation in Qalb-ul-Ard, aside Zayn!"Prince Fridaws smiled, seemingly proud of his knowledge on the boy.

Even as the two, scholar and pupil, continued under the peach tree, Ihtishâm suddenly asked Prince Fridaws,

"What was that game he called 'Heaven's Gathering Clouds'? How come I've never heard of it before?

Certainly, as much as you love games, you have persuaded me into playing many of your non-indigenous games with you. We couldn't have probably missed this one, could we?.."

The Prince looked at Ihtishâm awkwardly, as the latter was stuck in a contemplative state.

Obviously he really couldn't have believed the boy's words just now, - that it was some sort of game, right?