Crescent 22: Echoes from the past(3)[Myriad heart reflections...]

"Junnah..."

On the eastern section of Masjidur-Rahmân roof, was a young boy in a black hood.

He looked ahead of him in unparalleled focus. Even as his eyes narrowed at whatever he was looking at, a figure appeared behind him on the terrace.

"Shad.."

He turned back quickly to see the aged figure towering behind him in complete white. With an exceedingly white long beard, he had the look as if he were angry without being angry.

Anyone who meets him for the first time would without an exception, be intimidated by him.

"White Patriarch.."

"I see you've been following the young lad of late.."

He looked at the boy he just referred to as Shad with knowing eyes,"You think he's the one.."

Shad's eyes lowered in consent.

"I see.. He's the boy Hilya met in the forest the last time..

But it seems you're not the first of us to have had approached him.."

Shad:"..."

"White patriarch(you) remembers Junnah?..."

A look of shock appeared on the aged man's face.

"It was him.."Shad said lightly."In more ways than one, we're alike..

We both fell for people we couldn't have. We both had forbidden passions."

The White Patriarch kept silent at this, no one would know what he was thinking. After a long while, he sighed,

"He mustn't have remembered everything. For him to survive such a predicament.. from Junnah.."

"He might not be able to handle it if he remembers.."Shad agreed, his brows knitted in sobriety.

"All this time, ..he never knew the truth in whole."

"Wait here.."The white-robbed figure said as he turned back, blending in the wind.

...

Within a short passing of a moment, the white-robbed Patriarch was standing in the western prayer hall, behind Ukashah.

It didn't take long for him to reappear behind Shad again.

"White Patriarch?.."Shad looked at the old man in askance. Even the old man had a look of shock on his face when he reappeared.

"Even we, the believing jinn can't get close.."

"The Qur'an recitation?.." Shad asked in disbelief. As believing jinn, they loved to hear the Qur'an, so he couldn't understand why it would repel them.

"No.. I entered the prayer hall. Both boys have a strong resistance to possession.. Its almost as if they're both immune to any amongst our kind..

If it was the one reading the Qur'an, I would understand, but.. the green-eyed boy too?"

"White Patriarch, he once had a connection with the jinn world to the point of possession. His mental barrier should thus be weak.