"RISE AND SHINE, SLEEPYHEAD."

You awoke from your slumber. The blankets wrapped around your body felt so warm and cozy on your skin. You sat up, and looked at Roger, who was sleeping peacefully on his back. His arms were over his black t-shirt, which loosely covered his chest. The blankets covered everything from his hips down.

You caressed his cheek carefully with your thumb, trying not to disturb him. He was a hearty sleeper, and normally slept in late. He was a busy man, which explains it. Your thumb traced along his grey and white stubble, gently scratching it. You loved his stubble. You loved it when he let you touch it. Which was all the time.
    You went to his chin and kissed it, rubbing the tiny hairs all around.
Your other hand went to his scalp, moving the strands of silky white hair out from his face. He had such soft hair. And so much of it too. He loved his hair. Each and every strand was cherished by Roger. He loved playing with it and washing it. He closed combing it and showing it off to everyone. Especially you. He looked so many years younger when he was sleeping. He looked so peaceful. He was always so stubborn and critical. No time for sensitivity of any kind. When he was sensitive, he didn't like showing it. You'd hold him and rub his back, rock him side it side, anything that made him feel better. He was getting older, and more tired. You loved this man. This beautiful man. He was art, beauty, grace, and light. Such a bright light in your life. A flame in your heart. He was always there for you, just like you were always there for him.

His eyes opened slowly as he groaned. You removed your hands and watched him with curiosity. He stretched his arms out and yawned. He looked at you and smiled, hair still covering his face. You brushed it our of the way and kissed his forehead.

    "Rise and shine, sleepyhead."