--------------------------------------------------------------------

"So that's what he said?"

"Yep,"

"Just out of the blue?"

"Yep,"

"He just said it? What colour were his eyes?"

"No idea, why?"

"It's just so unlike him! Maybe it was his wolf, it's happened you know, the wolf just starts talking and the human part can't do anything about it. Verity, what do you think?"

 A huge, half-filled suitcase laid out on my bed. Verity, Haven and Faith were all in Maddox and I's room, transferring half of my closet into the bag which was to be taken with me to the ball. Haven sat on my bed with a gobsmacked expression on her face as I answered her undying questions.

Verity finished folding another pair of pyjamas and placed them in the bag, "I think it's highly likely, The Alpha would know better then to say it so soon, maybe if you were a wolf, then I would see nothing off, but no, I think there is definitely a chance of it being his wolf."

A scoff came from inside my wardrobe, "Who cares! Most of them have only just started working on your dress Elora! It needs to be done by tomorrow morning. Every seamstress in the castle is in complete peril! Your dress needs to be spectacular, this is the first glimpse of the new Luna Queen and right now, all you are wearing is a piece of hastily cut out material!" Faith complained,

Haven rolled her eyes, "Faith, you don't even work as a seamstress! You have no reason to be stressed!"

"I will if they decide they need more people to help! They've made me do it before, and they will have no problem in doing it again. Side note, do you want this jacket?" Faith shouted, poking her head out from underneath the masses of clothes.

"Maybe they won't since technically you're one of my ladies in waiting?" I suggested, "And no, the lighter we pack, the better."

"Put it in there anyway Faith, it'll be freezing out at the estate," Haven said. Faith shrugged and though the jacket over to Verity.

I ran a hand through my hand in frustration, "I don't love him, I can tell you that, but this stupid mate bond, it's certainly making me feel something!"

Verity chuckled, "That's it's job Lora, especially now that you're sharing a room. The bond doesn't fade, the moment that you're mated, you'll feel it at full extent, so think of these feelings as a practice run, preparation for that."

I sent her a glare, "Not helpful."

"She does have a point though, Maddox admitting that is only the beginning," Haven admitted.

I let out a loud sigh and flopped down on the bed, "Also not helpful."

"Any preference for clothes for dinner? I think it's best if you head down now and we finish this for you." Faith called out, clearly over her moping.

"No," I replied miserably, 

"Then get up and come get this dress out of my hand and go get changed." Faith ordered.

Reluctantly, I stood up and walked over, grabbing the dress from her hand.

Faith gave out an exasperated gasp at my expression, "You'll be fine, just say hello and talk to Zina or the kids or whatever. He knows he's made a mistake"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

It had been getting colder in the palace, a bitterly cold wind swept through the hallways and chilled my bone and the tiles underneath my bare feet. Snow would be settling in soon, but apparently, it was even colder at Maddox's parent's estate.