Chapter Diecisiete

(4 days later)

Tryouts were yesterday and only 3 girls and 3 boys made it. Takari being one of those 6. After showing them our dance they began creating their background dances. We also agreed that they should wear black with red and pink accessories so more of the focus was on Zack and i.

It took no time for them to get the backgound dances down pack. We were frekkin professionals for gawd sakes.

"Not tryna be all controlling and all but i have an idea on how to incorporate your singing and dancing." Takari chimed after they finished practicing their dance for the 6th time.

"How?"

She made us stand up and gave us 2 microphones. Ones that were not on of course.

"Wheres the CD?"

I point the the table in the corner and she ran and got it.

"Put this in." She said tossing the CD to Ronnie.

She came back towards us.

"Sing." She instructed once the music started.

I started singing into the microphone and she moved us around and showed us what to do. I felt like Troy and Gabriella off of high school musical. When we got to the end of the fourth stanza she snatched the microphones away and made us start dancing our part that corresponded to the words. At the 7th stanza she gave us the microphones back and made us dance and sing. That felt like some intimate shit. Forreal! At stanza ten we did the ending part of our dance and it corresponded perfectly!

After a long day of rehearsing we called it a night when we noticed it was dark outside. Everyone else had split and i was on my way out too when i got a phone call from Cassie.

"What's up Cassie?"

"Meech we have a problem."

"And what might that be?" I asked looking at the phone uncertain.

"Well you know the plan i had to make Caleb realize he loved you? Well when i tried to hook him up with my home girl he refused because he said he had a girlfriend already."

My mouth dropped. Caleb hasn't had a girlfriend since our junior year of highschool. He swore off dating and i was hoping i could be the one to change that.

"Meechiee! "

"Huh?" I said jumping out of my thoughts.

"Are you okay?"

I dont know. Was i? I mean i actually thought i was starting to get over him but something always ends up dragging me back. When i felt the sting in my eyes from my tears right then i knew i wasn't okay. Not at the least bit.

"Um yeah im okay. Its fine."

"He's bringing her to a family dinner at your parents house in a couple of days to meet everyone." She said softly

"What did our parents say?"

"Well to be honest they dont believe him. You know they all believe you and him are gonna magically end up together no matter what. Its like fate or something."

"Oh. Well i have to go. Im meeting Ray's family tonight and im already late."

"Okay. Are you sure you're- "

Before she could finish her sentence i had hung up and threw my phone in my duffel bag. I sat on the floor balling my eyes out until my face felt swollen.

***

RayJ, Ray, and I stood on the porch of his parents house waiting to be let in.

Of course Raymund had questioned why i had been crying because when i got home my face was still swollen. I played it off like it was nothing and he begged me to tell him. I kept insisting it was nothing. He didnt believe me but he let the situation drop. For now.