Not quite a happy ending

Start from the beginning

I could see the tears stinging her eyes begging to be let free but I know she's too stubborn to let me see her at an even weaker state. She walked towards the door.

I could feel Damien surface and I made no attempt to stop him. I pinned her to the wall, making sure not to hurt her but enough to keep her still.

"I won't let you leave. Even if I have to chain you to my bed. You are my mate. The Luna. You can't just leave. I'm nothing without my mate. You know i'd never hurt you like that, she just caught me off guard."

"Oh I get it you only need me to get the Alpha title and to become stronger. So it's ok for you to have your bits on the side as long as I stay your Luna so you won't be weakened? Well I guess the truth is all coming out now."

"No prince-"

"Don't you dare finish that. You would never hurt me huh? Well take a step back and look because you already have. I'm broken. Are you happy now? Oh and i'm not your princess."

I took a step back and finally saw the tears that had betrayed her. She looked broken and all I want to do is fix her.
I stood there frozen as I watched her leave. As I watched the girl I love leave me. Yes Love. I admit it I fucking love her.
No matter how much I wanted to move, scream and break things I couldn't. I feel so empty.

She's gone.
She. Is. Gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Alex's POV*

I can feel the tears rolling down my cheeks as I walk out the door. As I leave Luke behind and the pack but I have to do what's best for me. I let them in and I got hurt. It's better for everyone this way.

I jumped into my car and hot wired it. I have no clue where my keys are, they're probably at home....No no at Luke's house.

I've had a few drinks and I know that this is wrong bit right now i'm more of a danger here than I am behind the wheel.

It's pitch black but slightly comforting as my sobs echo throughout my car.

I know my grandparents had a cabin out here somewhere that they left to me in the will. It's where I was heading before all of this happened.

I refused to acknowledge the growing pain in my chest as I got further and further away from the pack territory.......and Luke.

I let my instincts guide me and within an hour I had reached the cabin. I jumped out, got my bag and found the key I hid years ago.

Once inside I went to the bathroom. My reflection making me cringe. I wiped off all the make-up and got into the shower trying to wash away the pain. I slid down the wall and wrapped my hands around my knees. I just let it all out. All my pain and anger.

After a good hour I stepped out of the now cold water. I've gone soft in my time away from the Military.......that's what I need to change first. The old Alex would never have cried over a boy. The old Alex would never have allowed this to happen, not this kind of pain. The pain they din't warn you about. The pain that comes with love.

It's about 8pm in the UK now. I picked up the phone praying he would answer.
"Hello" his firm voice filled my ears.
"Hi-i uncle Paul." I call him uncle Paul but he's actually my base commander. He's a great family friend and i've always considered him an uncle.
"What's wrong Al. You sound like you've been crying." I just chuckled. I could never hide anything from him.
"Uh yeah. This trip hasn't gone exactly to plan. I'm coming back within the wee-"
"you are not fit for duty Al. I'm sorry but you can't at least not for another two months."
"I know but what if I came back to help train the recruits. Come on I was taught by the best to be the best and never take no for an answer."
Playing into his ego always got me what I wanted.

I heard him huff.
"Fine. Monday 08:00 hours outside my office I expect to see you there." I gasped. "Have you gotten soft in your old age? The Uncle Paul I knew would never have let me slack off like that."
"Always the smart mouth aren't ya Al. But you're injured and plus it's the earliest flight we can get you. I'll forward the details. Now are you sure you're ok?"
"Honestly i'm fine. See you bright and early Monday."

Those words felt like poison on my tongue. I'm not sure whether it's because i'm lying to Paul or because i'm leaving.
But I need to leave. I need to get out of here.

I changed into the big top that was in my bag and tried to get a bit of sleep. No doubt i'll wake up in a few hours with flashbacks..........

Luke has turned my world upside down. But not all fairytales have a happy ending and I guess we're an example of that.

I let the pain numb me and sleep consume me. Maybe if I get out of here I can start over and forget.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note :

I just want to make it clear that I in no way support drinking and driving. It is illegal, it is dangerous and it is wrong. It causes so many deaths each year and I want to point out I only put that in there because Alex needed a way to get to the cabin

Vote, comment, follow, eat pizza and enjoy.