Just then a man in a suit walked in. He was well over 6'5". Muscles and well built. A large body frame. Well dressed and mannered. And Hispanic.

"Good evening. I'm here to represent my client, Mr. Lewis, and from this point on I'm advising that he not answer any further questions."

"He didn't call a lawyer yet. Who are you?" Nick looked at the man strangely.

"Doesn't need to. I'm sorry how rude of me, Ernesto Hernandez is the name. Any charges?"

"Your client held Ms. Benson hostage underground and in an overheated attic. He drugged and raped her."

"I see, and what evidence do you have that these activities you believe they participated in were not, in fact, consensual? Did Ms. Benson- I believe the name was- say that it wasn't?"

"Ms. Benson has not said anything, she's in the hospital because your client viscously beat her until she was unconscious."

Ernesto looked at Lewis out the corner of his eye with a threatening expression. Then back to Amaro.

"Well, until you have the proper evidence, I'm taking my client. Have a good day."

Nick looked at the glass with a defeated look. Outside of it stood Cragen and Amanda.

"Cap do we really just let him go?"

He sighed and nodded. Even though they knew he tortured her they'd have to find evidence that was strong enough to support and withstand this new defense attorney.

•••

The sun was still up and shining through the window. Elliot sitting by Olivia, listening to her breathing. Or rather the ventilator helping her breath. His hand holding hers, gently stroking the back of it with his thumb. He looked up at the fluids they connected to her IV. This was the first time he really had the chance to look at her. The parts he could see. He didn't want to, but he had to.

He stared at her face. It was pale and dirty. A big bruise with a cut inside of it sat on the left side of her face, beside her eye and going over her eyebrow. Her eyes were closed. Dark circles had formed under them with lines. The left eye was bruised and swollen purple.

He let his eyes fall to her cheeks. A long cut ran its way down the side of her face. Almost at her ear, and reaching just after her cheekbones. Her cheekbones were more noticeable. In fact, her entire face was slimmer. There was no doubt her body was.

Her lips were closed. Both lips were split. The split connecting on the two to make one big cut. She didn't look like herself-not at all. If anyone else looked at her they'd have to do a second take to realize it was her. But he could. He could still see her and knew that, even if it was small, there was still a piece of her old self inside.

At least he hoped.

A smile spread across his lips as he silently played memories of them together through his head. But like always, he ended up thinking of the last time they had made love before he left for work. Before everything changed again.

He glanced at her neck. The first thing he noticed was the stitches the doctors had to put. Her entire neck was purple and bruised and formed a shape he could see. Sitting up to see the other side, he was able to identify what the shape of the large bruise was: a hand. His hand ran over his face as he turned away. Then he refocused and looked to her shoulders. Her collar bones stood out.

The longer he looked the more he noticed. Her collar bones had burn marks and cuts on them. Circles where they had placed lit cigarettes on her. Purple bruises from God knows what.