Last Resort

Two more days had passed, and Elliot had yet another surprise for Olivia.

He had woken her up early so they could go to the surprise.

"Elliot, why are we back at the foster care agency? Did they say we could see Noah?" Liv yawned.

"Yup. Come on, we don't want to be late." Elliot smiled and got out the car.

Both made their way to the front desk and were again put in another room. Sitting in silence as they sipped on the coffee they were offered.

A woman walked in with Noah in her arms and a smile on her face.

"Good morning! How are you all doing today?" she greeted them.

"We're good, how are you?" Elliot answered and Liv smiled.

"Oh I'm great, but not as great as this young one is today." she smiled at the sleeping boy and then back at Olivia and Elliot. "So, all the paperwork is complete and you all have been approved to be his foster parents."

"Great. When are we able to take him home?" Elliot smiled. Olivia looked at him with a shocked face. She had no idea that they were going to be taking him with them today.

"You can take him after signing the paper to say you are. Then he's all yours. Just follow me."

•••

Olivia carried Noah in her arms while they headed to the truck.

"Elliot, we don't have a carseat." she said with a sudden realization.

"I have one in the trunk. Never got rid of it when we first gave this guy a ride here."

Elliot opened the trunk and got out the carseat for the almost five month old. Strapping it in securely before letting Olivia strap the boy in.

"We have to stop and buy some stuff for him. He needs toys, diapers, formula."

"Uh, Liv, I don't think that's the best idea. Maybe we should make a list and have Fin or Nick go get the stuff."

"Why? I can go to the store El. I can handle it." she smiled and looked at him. "What's wrong?"

"Liv, I just don't think it's a good idea right now." he sighed and looked at the road as he continued to drive. "We still have the crib and everything. I just have to put the stuff back together. There are some toys and diapers."

"Elliot those diapers will be too small for him. They're for newborns and one month olds."

"Liv." he said one final time and sighed.

"Okay. We can go home."

"It's not like that. I just want to make sure both of you are okay." Elliot looked at her and shook his head, taking the next exit.

"Where are you going?"

"The store." he smiled at her. There was no way that something bad could happen this fast. He'd be with her the entire time.

Grabbing her hand to hold, he stroked his thumb on the side of her hand. Acting like something was wrong would only make her worried.

•••

Amanda was relieved the moment she learned that they were no longer holding her on probation.

She was free.

And the second she was free, she had one of Ernesto's friends keeping a watch on Olivia and if she left the house. They had followed them all the way to the foster care agency and they Target they stopped by before calling Amanda.