7 - Jackson

Jax's POV:

3 Years Earlier:

I honestly didn't know how on earth I was going to get through the next few days, the idea of watching her getting married to someone else was fucking with my head big time, but she just seemed so god damn happy and Carson as much as I hated him, was actually a pretty good guy - lucky son of a bitch. I had always thought it would be me, that one day I would get to call Scarlett my wife, but life had other ideas, I had made some stupid decisions and now I was stuck right in the middle of a mess, a mess I had made.

A mess that led me right here, standing at the door of her childhood bedroom, the day before she was going to marry the guy she says she loves more than anything. I was here because I needed to tell her something - something she needed to hear from me first.
Her room still looked exactly the same as it always had and my mind instantly filled with memories of all the times I had been in here with her, the time when she was mine to touch, to kiss, when she was mine to - well you get the idea. Everything was different now though, the person sitting quietly at the dresser was no longer a teenage girl, but the most remarkable fucking woman I have ever seen, and she no longer belonged to me.
Her big grey eyes locked with mine in the mirror as I made my way to her, standing behind her I watched her reflection in the mirror.

"Hey you" Scarlett smiled at me through the mirror, placing my hands on her shoulders I couldn't help but return her smile,

"Hey baby, how you feeling?"

She let out a massive sigh as she laid her head back against my stomach, shrugging her shoulders as she spoke,

"I'm ok I guess"

"Scar, I" I paused, not really sure how I was going to say what I came here to say. It took her a moment before she moved away from me, moving from the chair, standing to the side I moved my body to face her, as soon as we were close her arms were around my waist and she was holding me to her, as soon as my hands were around her, as soon as I felt her body against mine I felt it in my soul I never wanted to let her go.

"Scar, Baby, I"

"Shhh Jax, just hold me for a little while, please"

I nodded, wrapping her tightly in my arms, her head pressed against my chest.

"Jax?"

"Yeah baby"

"Am I doing the right thing?"

"Why Scar, has something happened? what's going on?"

I pulled away from her slightly, tipping her head back to look at me, leaving my hands on either side of her face as I waited for her reply,

"I just don't know if I am doing the right thing Jax, I love Cage - I do but sometimes I feel as though I"

She stopped, her eyes filled with tears as we gazed at each other, I knew in that moment she still felt for me the exact same way I felt about her.

"You are settling for something else" I answered her, because truthfully that was how I felt in that moment, how I had felt for a long time and she nodded - she felt it too.

"I love you Jax, I still love you, I don't think I will ever stop"

I placed a kiss on her beautiful pink, pouty lips

"God I love you too Scarlett, I always have"

Our lips met again, Passion and desire taking over as our tongues met, their fight for dominance starting just as though we had kissed multiple times everyday, as though we hadn't really lost the past few years.
My fingers dug into her hips as I pulled her body closer against mine, she moaned when I pulled my lips away, moving them against the warm skin of her neck and trailing kisses down her soft skin.