1: 10 Years

Before we begin:

The text of this publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced in any manner whatsoever without the written permission from the Author. This story is protected by copyright laws, meaning any infringement is prosecutable by law.

10 Years Later:

Scarlett's POV:

10 years hey, yes that is how long it has been since we last knew of each other, I am older - yes, wiser - hmm I'm not so sure about that one, I still look the same - well mostly - my curves are a bit more pronounced now and my face is a bit thinner - but other wise I am still me, just with a bit more life experience now.

So remember what I said all those years ago, you know what I'm talking about right, when I was barely 17 years old and spouting knowledge like I had lived a whole life time, like I was some sort of teacher giving a life lesson to her students??
No?? Can't remember?? Hmmm well let me refresh your memory, it went something like this:
'Life is what happens when you are too busy trying to plan it out'
Now can you remember?? Good - well let me tell you what I've actually learnt in the past 10 years, Firstly when you are 17 you might think you have all the answers, hell you might even think you know what you are doing and where you are headed in life, at 17 you might even believe you have found the love of your life, that one person you are meant to spend the rest of your life with and who convinces you that you will be with them 'always and forever' and if you do - good on you, but I am sorry - in my experience reality - it is absolutely nothing like that.
Life deals you a hand, you choose different plays and place different bets - sometimes your hand is a winner, sometimes not so much - sometimes you get that stroke of luck where for one moment something or someone amazing enters your life and if you are lucky enough they will stay with you, sometimes you win and sometimes you have to lose - but it's how you come out of it that determines the end result, that's when we can make the decisions that really matter.

I know what you are probably thinking, poor little rich girl right, Scarlett Stilton - youngest daughter of multi billionaire Hunter Stilton, heir to Stilton Corporation. Yes that is definitely one hand I have been blessed with, but let me tell you it's not without hard work. You think my Dad, who worked so hard for so very long to build his company, just handed me a set of keys, patted me on the head and said good luck. Yeah I don't think so.

I had to earn my place here, prove to my Dad it was what I really wanted, show him what I was capable of.
4 years of university studying business while working part time in the main office and designing a 5 years business expansion plan to show my father, yeah I have worked hard to get where I am now and I'll be damned if I wasn't ridiculously good at my job and I knew my Dad was super proud of me!!
So that's me - I am one of three Senior Executives at Stilton Corporation - we own 8 successful night clubs spread across major cities around the country, not to mention 6, 5 star restaurants, and the most recent addition 3 High rise hotels and 1 hotel and casino. It was a lot to keep watch over - but between the three of us we managed ok.

Let me update you on my parents hey!! You remember them too right?? Hunter and Lily Stilton, like you could forgot such an epic love story like that.
Well even though they are older they are still incredibly happy and still very much in love, Dad turned 72 this year though you wouldn't pick it, I think the fact that my Mum is a fair bit younger than him keeps him on his toes. They are really active for their age, travel a lot and any spare time is spent with Logan.

Hmmmm what else? Tell me, what's peaked your attention more?? Do you want to know who I meant when I mentioned there were 3 of us involved in S.C (Stilton Corporation) or was it the mention of Mum and Dad spending time with someone you have never heard of before?? Well maybe I should stop jumping around so much and just finish one thing at a time.

Yes, there are 3 of us who make up the senior executive leadership team at S.C - we each have a 33% share of the 75% Dad had kept - if you remember he had given a 25% share to Preston years ago and that portion still remained with Preston today, though he was more than happy for us to lead the business, especially with the results we were consistently delivering. We divided the business into 3 parts - not officially of course just enough so each of us would have our own focus group, each business of course had a manager appointed and we would liaise with them for anything from recruitment needs, to promotions and stock control.
I took over the restaurant side, over seeing the 6, 5 star restaurants.

My older brother Sebastian joined me around 2 years ago. He had finished Uni and was draft picked to play soccer A-Grade, and for 7 years he built himself up as one of the greatest soccer players of all time - he has even represented both state and country, but when news reached him that Logan was on his way, he cancelled his contract and came home.
By the time he came home we were struggling to keep the nightclubs functioning well so Seb stepped in,

I guess that leaves us with the Hotels, 3 hotels and 1 hotel and casino, well you don't need to be a genius to figure this one out - This is where Jackson comes into the picture, this business venture was completely Jackson's idea and one of the most profitable things we have ever done.
Right out of college, Jax came to my Dad with this idea, it had been well researched and thought out and Dad loved his passion. So S.C entered the hotel business and over the past 6 years we have added 2 more hotels and than last year we finalised ground on a hotel and casino resort.

I get that this is a very short recap but if I have you everything in the first go it wouldn't be much of a story would it??

So that's where we are at today, I am 27 - I am running my own company, my fathers company along side my older brother and his best friend. I guess we are up to speed right?

Oh wait - what about Logan, you want to hear about him right??

Logan, Logan, Logan. Logan is my world, my entire universe, my baby, my beautiful baby boy, yep you heard me - I have a little man. 2 years old and spitting image of his uncle Seb and his grandfather - he is the light of my life and my reason for dragging my ass out of bed everyday, he is my reason for living.

I am really only scratching the surface here, there is so much I need to tell you, so much we need to catch up on.. but we will get there - one step and a time!!