23 - Scarlett

Scarlett's POV:

I was frozen, locked into the clear blue eyes that looked down at me, comforted in the warmth of the arms that remained around my waist, holding me
close to the scent that I was so familiar with, my lips still tingling from having his pressed against them, but frozen from the words he was speaking, Jackson Knight was asking me to marry him.
Our relationship had always been like a roller coaster - up and down with so many twists and turns along the ride and each and every time I had been the one to get hurt. It had always been the same, he took my first kiss and ran away - the next day he took my virginity and while things may have been good for a few months we had to end it when he left for college, then that shit went down in uni and I honestly never thought we would never be able to come back from that - even as friends.

Flashback - Uni:

"Seb, are you here? I need some help with an assignment, it won't take long"

"He's not here beautiful, he's on a date with some chick"

I looked at Jackson, standing in the lounge room wearing nothing but a pair of black basketball shorts, his toned, tattooed chest on display,

"Oh, ok - sorry"

"It's Friday night baby, why are you worried about homework when you should be out enjoying life"

"I just wanted to get a head start on the business assessment, It's my second year and I want to be the best"

Yes - I was in my second year of uni - my second year
away from home and my second year of trying to avoid anything with Jackson - we had promised that one day it would be time for us but neither of us had approached the topic since,

"Besides you are at home on a Friday night"

"It's a bit to early for me to be anywhere baby, I'll head out a bit later"

"Head out and pick up some random girl again Jackson, isn't that getting a bit old"

He smirked, pushing himself off the door frame he was leaning against and walking slowly to me,

"Is that jealousy Scar, would you prefer I stayed at home, would you keep me company if I did?"

He brought my chin up, my eyes meeting his as his mouth moved impossibly close,

"I should go Jackson" I whispered,

"What if I don't want you to go Scar, maybe I want you to stay, stay right here with me"

"Jax"

"Don't you think it's time for us to stop playing this game now baby, because honestly I'm kind of sick and tired of waiting - I just want you Scarlett, Now"

"I want you to Jax"

He smiled, pressing his lips softly against mine,

"You'll be mine?"

"Yes, I'll be yours"

He groaned this time as he smashed his lips back to my own, lifting me in his arms and carrying me up the stairs. He threw me me on the bed and ripped every single piece of clothing off my body before removing his own.
That night he had made the decision that we would give us another shot - he also decided we should keep it between ourselves for a few months before announcing it to anyone, and at the time I loved the idea - I loved that it got to be just the two of us in our own little bubble, it was exciting at first sneaking kisses here and there whenever we were in public and finding different places we could meet up to have each other, as the months went on we were genuinely happy - well I was anyway. And then it changed or I changed - I hated not being able to touch him in public, I hated walking past him in the corridor and pretending we were just friends and I hated being at the same party as him and watching him from across the room - watching other girls throw themselves at him. I hated the way it made me feel but whenever I tried to talk to him about it I got the same answer - he wasn't ready to deal with Seb yet, or he was scared my Dad wouldn't be happy for us... so I just let him have his way.