busted

RUBY'S POV

me and leafy were just running down our path. "hey, wait, do you hear that, ruby?" leafy asked me. i listened and i could hear pin saying something excitedly, i couldn't tell what she said though. "yeah!" i said loudly. leafy shushed me and started to walk through the trees. i followed her. when she stopped, she hid behind a bush. i did the same.
"so what are y-"
"SHH!" leafy pointed in front of us.
i looked at what she was pointed at. we could see coiny and pin walking down their path. i gasped, now realizing what she was doing. when coiny and pin got far enough away so that they couldn't hear us, leafy told me, "we should watch them and while we're at it we should help them get closer by making things more romantic!" in a whisper yell. "i dunno, leafy, doesn't that sound a lot like stalking?" i asked. "pssh, noo, okay lets go before we lose them." leafy said, following where they went. i shrugged and followed her.

when we caught up to pin and coiny, we watched them. i looked over at leafy who was watching them, obviously. but she also looked like she was thinking, like really hard. "hmm," leafy looked around, "aha!" leafy whisper shouted. i looked at where she looked and saw a little field of flowers surrounded by a bunch of trees. "follow me." leafy whispered, then ran towards the flowers, and like what she told me to do, i followed her. "pick a bunch of these, we can go ahead of pin and coiny, climb on one of the trees and throw them down above them!" she started picking the flowers. that idea was really romantic! when i started to pick the flowers i saw one that looked just like flower! "omg, look leafy, it's a mini flower!" i held up the flower. she looked at me weird. "that one is the same size as the other- oh... did you mean our flower?" leafy facepalmed and laughed. "huh?" i looked at the other flowers and realized she must've thought that i was saying the flower i was holding was smaller than the others. "oh!" i laughed. "yeah i meant her." i said.
"okay, okay let's hurry before they get too far." leafy and i picked more flowers and ran to where we were going to drop them.
"okay climb up this tree!" leafy commanded.
i climbed up and leafy did the same. pin and coiny were getting closer. before we decided to drop the flowers i decided to keep the one that looked like flower, to give to her later.

LEAFY'S POV

ruby and i were waiting for pin and coiny to get close enough. finally, when they were in a good spot i whisper yelled, "now!" and we both dropped the flowers where they were walking. "huh?" i heard coiny say.  "woah! look at all the pretty flowers!" pin said. "yeah, but where'd they come from?" coiny looked up. ruby had to hide since she doesn't blend in, so i stood in front of her. coiny looked at the trees suspiciously, but shrugged it off and kept walking with pin. we both sighed in relief. when they were farther ahead, so that they couldn't hear us, we started talking.
"did you see the look they both had on their faces when we dropped the flowers?"
"yeah it was so cute, and how pin reacted!"
"this was a great idea!"
we both fangirled for a few more minutes before deciding to catch up to coiny and pin again.

when we were caught up we listened to what they were talking about. "look, coiny, i caught one of the flowers that fell from the trees!" pin said holding out a flower. "oh cool, i should have grabbed one." coiny said. "that's okay, you can have mine." pin handed him the flower. coiny took the flower and said, "aw, thanks pin." you better believe ruby and i silently fangirled! we went ahead of them to plan what we'd do next.

~~LATER~~

PIN'S POV

coiny and i have been walking down our path for awhile now, and we have encountered some cute but strange things. it started with the flowers that fell from the trees, to things like rocks gathered around to say, "C + P" with a heart around it. we don't get what C and P were supposed to represent, was there a couple here before us that did that? or did it mean something else? i don't know. but then, we were walking down our path talking about the stuff we encountered before and what it all could mean. soon, we found a pretty nice space to take a break, it was empty all around except for the bushes and one log, that we both decided to sit on. "this trip has been kinda strange, doncha think?" coiny said. "oh, definitely! but honestly the things are pretty cute, like those flowers!" i say. "yeah, i suppose. i wonder if the same things are happening to ruby and leafy." coiny said, looking up at the trees. i looked around the ground, thinking about who C and P could be. when i suddenly notice something. there were heart shaped leaves that were surrounding the space coiny and i are.

"hey, coiny?" i say.
"yeah?" he looked at me.
"were those leaves always here?" i pointed them out.
"oh, i don't remember them being there."
"yeah, me neither."
"why do you care?"
"because they look like they're circling us."
"oh, yeah, it does look like that, isn't that ironic."
"the fact that every leaf that is surrounding us are shaped like a heart is also pretty ironic." i say, and look at coiny, who was looking at the leaves until he noticed me look at him. we stare at each other for a few minutes, awkwardly. until we hear some love song playing somewhere close to us. it startled us both, so we looked around to see where it was coming from. "where's that coming from?!" coiny asked, standing up now. "i don't know, but who's playing it?" i say, also standing now. "are there other people here?" coiny asked. "i don't know!" i say worriedly. "i thought it was only me, you, ruby, and leafy!" i say looking around. then i realized. "wait," i say, starting to realize everything. "what?" coiny asked me. "i think it IS only me, you, ruby, and leafy here." i tell him. "but what about the music?" he asked. "hold on, think about it! leafy and ruby were super eager to come with us, and they say their reasoning is because they're easy to kill, but then they really want to split up, where it's easier for them to get killed." i explain. "and then after we split up, we just so happen to encounter things like, the flower tree or the C + P thing? that tree didn't even have flowers on it!" i say, putting the pieces together. "i knew there was something up with that tree." coiny said, thinking about it. "and i'm positive these leaves weren't here before we sat down, someone had to place them there!" i say. "and C + P! C and P must stand for,," i thought for a minute, then gasped, "it stands for coiny and pin!" i said with a facepalm, i should've realized it sooner. "us? oh, that makes so much more sense." coiny said. "and the music! this music cant just come out of nowhere! it must mean," i walked over to where the music sounded like it was coming from, then when i felt like i was close enough, i stuck my arm through the bush the music was behind and pulled up to reveal... "leafy?!" coiny said angrily, while walking up to the bush we were at. the music suddenly stopped. "hehe...hi guys." leafy said nervously. "is ruby there too?" i asked, letting go of leafy and crossing my arms. "uh, yeah." leafy said, and pulled ruby out of the bush. "hi, guys." ruby said nervously.

//A/N: hey guys! sorry i took so long to write this, i went on a hiatus then got major writers block when i got back to writing it. but be happy i got it out! i'm pretty proud of this chapter honestly. hope you enjoyed, and again, sorry for taking so long.\\