pirate shopping

PIN'S POV

coiny and i were still picking berries. there were a lot and we probably needed a lot because we don't know how long we are going to be on this trip and if we run out of any other food we could always have yoyle berries. "this basket is starting to get heavy." i complained. "i'll carry it for you!" coiny grabbed the basket but then it immediately got taken to the ground because of gravity. "aUgH." coiny grunted as the basket hit the ground. some of the berries fell out of it. "i didn't realize it was going to be that heavy." coiny said picking up the berries that fell out. i laughed and helped him pick them up. "it's fine coiny. i can carry it." i put my berries in the basket and coiny did the same. i picked up the basket again. "i probably should've brought more baskets." i said.

"oh! when i was messing around in the back on the van, i saw some stuff that looks pretty good at carrying things!" coiny put the yoyle berries that he just picked in the basket and ran back to the freesmart van. i set the basket down and looked at what he was doing.

COINY'S POV

i opened the back of the freesmart van and looked through the stuff i was messing with before. i found two big cases that were carrying makeup. "wh- they don't even wear- whatever." i said to myself. i took out the makeup and went back over to pin. "i got more things to carry yoyle berries in!" i said proudly. pin stared at the makeup cases then asked, "did those have anything in it before you took them out?" she looked back up at me. "pffft, no, they were empty when i found them." i lied. pin seemed to shrug it off. she picked some yoyle berries and put them into the cases. i sighed and continued picking berries.

PIN'S POV

after we we filled all the baskets we put them in the back of the freesmart van. i saw a bunch of makeup on the floor of the van. i looked over at coiny who was putting the last basket in the van. "what's with all this makeup? does.. freesmart wear makeup?" i asked. coiny looked a bit nervous. "oh i just knocked something over when i got the containers so that's probably what it's from. he then rushed into the front of the van, sat in the front passenger seat, and buckled himself. i was confused but just closed the van doors, sat in the drivers seat, and buckled up.

i started the van and started to drive. " so, where are you hoping to go to get our supplies?" i asked coiny. "uh, i don't know a lot of the places here so let's just look for stores and hope for the best." coiny replied. "yeah, i don't know a lot of the places here either. i guess that'll work." i said looking around at all the places we could stop. coiny was looking around too. "OMM! that's perfect, pin stop!" i stopped the van. " you found somewhere?" i asked. "yeah, apparently there's a costume shop over there and there's bound to be pirate stuff in there!" coiny pointed at the costume shop. i thought it was perfect too, so i properly parked the van and we got out. we went in and looked around at all of the costumes. they were all worn out, this place was abandoned like the rest of the city so it made sense.

COINY'S POV

"we should probably split up and look for the pirate stuff." pin suggested. " sure, that'll work." i agreed and we split up. i looked around at all of the neat costumes. i wanted to try them on but i just tried more of focusing on looking for the pirate stuff. i looked around the back of the store and found it all. it was a jackpot of pirate things. it also just so happens to be the cleanest part of the store, not that clean, but better than the rest of it. "pin! i found it!" i shouted. i didn't get a response from her. "pin?" i shouted to see if she heard me. i started to walk down one of the aisles to look for her but then something pops out of nowhere and yell, "BOO!" causing me to scream and fall backwards. they start to laugh and i realize it was pin in one of the costumes. "pin! that wasn't fu-" but before i could finish my sentence i started laughing. "pin stop laughing, you're making me laugh!" i yell. it took her a minute to speak because of how hard she was laughing. "i-i'm sorry, it was just so funny!" she laughed some more. i rolled my eyes and got up. "well, i found some pirate stuff over here." we walk over to it.

"ooo! look at these hooks!" i say and put one on. "woah, this section of the store is so much cleaner than the rest!" pin said. "yeah, i know, i thought the same thing! all of the pirate stuff here is clean too, it's pretty convenient." i say as i looked around. i saw a mannequin with an eyepatch and a pirate hat. i took off the pirate hat and put it on pin, who got out of the costume she wore to scare me. "i feel like you'll be a great captain!" i say. "captain?! you think i'll be captain of the ship?" she said taking off the pirate hat and holding it. "yeah, you're the one who came up with the idea, i feel like you should be the captain!" i say, looking through some of the other things. "i don't know, i mean you were technically the one who came up with the idea." she told me. i looked at her. "pin, i was just joking. you came up with the idea and roped me along with it." i tell her. "i guess that's true." she said and looked at the stuff with me.

PIN'S POV

i cant believe coiny wants me to be captain. well, i can, but still. i don't know if i should. "there are tons of eyepatches over here, i'm gonna take these."coiny said as he look a handful of eyepatches. i saw some swords on the floor. i picked them up. "these will work." i say and look at coiny who also seemed to have grabbed more pirate hooks. "isn't it funny how the swords and hooks seem to be real instead of fake like how it usually is at costume stores." coiny said, poking one of the hooks he was holding. i looked at the swords i was holding and said, "yeah it's weird but it works."

"is this all we need?" i say after we grabbed a few other things. "seems good to me!" coiny said. we started to walk out of the costume store then coiny stopped. when i realized he stopped i looked back at him. "is something wrong, why'd you stop walking?" i asked. "we need a map! here, take this to the van for me!" he gave me the stuff he was carrying. i was holding a lot of things and i almost dropped some of it while bringing it to the van, but i managed. coiny came out of the store with a map. i walked up to him. "coiny, you do realize this is a costume store and that there probably aren't any real maps in here." i say. "i know but since there were real swords and hooks i thought there might be a real map in there, and there is!" coiny opened the map up and showed me. "see! it shows all of Goiky and it shows some other places in it too! those other places should be where we go while on the trip!" coiny said pointing at one of the other places on the map. "well, okay then. so, now are we ready to go?" i asked. "yep!" coiny folded the map and went into the passenger seat of the van. i climbed into the drivers seat and started the van to get ready and head back to actually start our adventure.