Headcanon 19

Annabeth felt like crying. She had failed her spelling test in English, she hadn't been told, but she knew that she had, a guy , a very popular jock, had asked her out, and even though she didn't have a boyfriend, she had said no, which had made the guy so made he'd cussed her out and called her mean names, and now, here she was, cornered at her locker, surrounded by popular girls who didn't like her. "C'mon, Hannah Bell," Annabeth pleaded to the lead mean girl. "I'm just trying to get my stuff so I can leave. I don't want any trouble." Hannah Bell laughed. "Of COURSE you don't Annie Beth. But WE do. And we're gonna get what we want, aren't we girls?" The other mean girls nodded or said "yeah". Now, Annabeth would normally fight them and win (even if she got suspended for a week). But today had been rough, and Hannah Bell and her stupid crew knew that, that's why they were ganging up her, rather than ignoring her like usual. "What are you gonna do, Annie Beth? Beat us up?" She pushed Annabeth into the locker behind them. Hannah Bell and the other girls laughed. They started calling her names. Finally, Annabeth couldn't take it anymore. She started to cry. The mean girls laughed at her again. "Whatcha gonna do now, Annababy? Fight us?" More laughter. "Hey, cut it out." Said a boy's voice, a familiar boy's voice. "Percy?" Annabeth asked, disbelievingly. "Yeah, Wise Girl. It's me." "Who are YOU?" Hannah Bell said in disgust. "Her loser boyfriend?" "I wish," thought Annabeth, thinking of their kiss in Daedalus' Labyrinth over the summer. "No," Percy said. "Just her friend. And don't talk to her like that," Before Hannah Bell could make a comeback, Percy said, "C'mon, Annabeth. We're meeting Clarisse in Phoenix. Get your stuff and let's go." And they did just that.