Headcanon 15

This was one of my favorites to write 

Percy felt a lightning bolt of pain in his chest. He heard a scream. Not just any scream, ANNABETH'S scream. He whirled around. "ANNABETH!" He yelled, his voice full surprise and pain and anger. 

Annabeth was doubled over, choking for breath, clutching her stomach. Blood ran from her mouth. She coughed. More blood. He looked around for the monster that did this. But there wasn't a monster where they were fighting. The closest one was 200 yards away. But Annabeth was surrounded by monster dust. He figured that what had happened was that Annabeth and the monster had stabbed at the same time, resulting in fatal strikes for both of them. 

Percy ran over to his Wise Girl, tears streaming down his face. Annabeth's face was filled with pain and sadness. And, oddly enough, relief. Percy knelt down beside her. He started stroking her hair. "Percy?" She whispered, so quietly she was barely audible. 

"Yes?" Percy asked. 

"Don't follow me anytime soon. I'm gonna get reincarnated. I'll be to young for you to date, obviously, but I will come back. Just wait. Promise me you will." 

"Of course," Percy promised, but he doubted the truth of her words. Annabeth closed her eyes for the last time. Percy sobbed. 

Little did he know that in thirteen years Hazel would give birth to her third and fourth kids: Luke's and Annabeth's reincarnations.