Chapter 1

Chan walked into the room, surprised to see the younger curled up in a chair. They usually don't let new patients out until a week after they have been admitted.

He walked past him, hearing him mumbling things under his breath flinching when he noticed Chan's presence.

"Why is he here?" Chan asked making Felix flinch himself.

"Can you stop doing that?" Felix asked looking up from his book.

"Doing what?"

"You sneak around. You dont make your self known until you speak and you scare the shit out of me. After....after what happened you cant do that" Felix let out a breath of air.

"Im sorry" Chan said feeling guilty. 

"Its fine." Felix said.

"Also he's probably here to be comfortable around people" Felix turned his head to look at him.

"Have you tried talking with him?" Chan asked.

"He's completely out of it. I don't know what they gave him but he just mumbles to himself." Felix said. "He wouldn't talk to me"

"Well now is my turn" Chan said standing up.

"Dont bother him" Felix pleaded.

"Im not" Chan said walking over to where Jeongin was sitting.

"Im not" Felix mocked, rolling his eyes.

Chan sat in the chair next to Jeongin. He noticed how the youngers hair was messed up, his eyes bloodshot as he stared at the wall, his body trembling as he mumbled to himself.

"Hey" Chan said softly trying not to scare him.

Jeongin glanced at Chan, his eyes turning glassy. He looked away fiddling with his fingers.

"Why can't I talk to him? I wanna say hi, can i say hi, no" Jeongin mumbled to himself before taking a deep breathe through his nose.

"Hi" Jeongin said quietly. Chan was about to smile but stopped himself when Jeongin flinched.

"Im sorry, Im sorry, I just- okay! Okay" He put his hands over his ears as if to block something out, "Stop yelling Im sorry"

Chan watched him, curiosity filling his body. "So, whats your name?" he asked even though he knew.

"My name?" Jeongin looked back at the wall. "Jeongin"

"So Jeongin, want to be friends?"

"Friends?" Jeongin asked quietly. He looked down at his hands, "Friends?"

"Yeah, friends" Chan said softly.

Jeongin shook his head, "No"

The door opened and the two turned their heads, revealing Rosé.

She smiled upon seeing them, going over and sitting in the chair on the other side of Jeongin.

"Hey baby bro." She said sweetly, "Hello-"

"Chan"

She smiled, "Hello Chan"

"Go away please" Jeongin whispered out.

"Im your sister, you cant just push me away" She said standing up.

"Im not pushing you away"

"You are"

"Just leave me alone"

"You're nothing without me, Jeongin" she whispered.

Chan grabbed her hand pulling her away, "What the hell are you doing?"

"Im not doing anything" She said softly.

"Well stop it" Chan demanded.

"He's asking for it" She shrugged.

"He's literally not? What's your problem?" Chan asked getting annoyed.

"You're hurting my hand" She winced.

"You get close to him again and I promise.." He paused, "Do you understand what Im trying to tell you?" Chan asked. She nodded.

"Good" He let go of her hand, "Leave him alone"

She rubbed her hand as Chan bumped shoulders with her. She scoffed, "Asshole"

Chan approached Jeongin, the younger rocking back and forth.

"Hey" Chan said softly, squatting in front of him. "Are you okay?"

Jeongin looked at him before shaking his head. "Im...Im fine"

"Awe you're not fine, you're shaking" Chan cooed making Jeongin stare at him.

"How 'bout a hug?" Chan asked. "Do you like hugs?"

"I-I don't know"

"Well I have a friend, who is great at giving hugs" Chan said.

"Friend?"

"Felix come here" Chan said looking over his shoulder. Felix set down his journal, walking over to the two.

Jeongin stared at Felix who awkwardly stood in front of him.

He stood up slowly, eyeing Felix up and down before slowly wrapping his arms around him. His head resting on his shoulder as he closed his eyes.

Felix smiled, hugging him back making him relax.

And from the moment on, Chan wanted to protect him from anything bad that came his way.

Pillsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें