Memorise God's Word

(Memorise God's Word: It's Good Spiritual Exercise)

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it

"Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful." Joshua 1:8

"Where's my lyrics app?" Todd questioned his classmate Vincent, with a frown.

"Todd, you spent all semester reciting and memorising music lyrics, and it cost you your grades. So I deleted it!"

"You did what?" Todd fumed, "There isn't any connection between my grades and that app, man!"

"Oh but there is! Look, I study and memorise God's Word and I always get A's. I think you should give memorising the Word a try!"

Some Christians can memorise and quote many scriptures off by heart, which is commendable. Whereas, some others erroneously assume that memorising scriptures is no longer fashionable. With the introduction of different electronic Bibles and Bible software where scriptures can be located at the tap or swipe of a screen, many Christians have relegated the importance of memorising scriptures in personal Bible study.

This ought not to be so. Learning to memorise scriptures is a very fundamental part of good Christian growth and development. Even though you have easy access to online Bible reference materials, we must exercise our minds to retain the Word of God. Our minds are the doorway to our spirits (2 Corinthians 4:4).

The Word of God has to be in our consciousness to produce results in our lives.

When you have read your Bible, pick out certain verses and recite them by heart. This is the beginning of meditation, and the more you do this, the more the Word will get into your spirit. The same way we take time to learn and memorise things in school, you have to discipline our minds to retain scriptures.

You'd be amazed at the impact it'll have on your life!

Further study
1Timothy 4:8;
Deuteronomy 11:18
Jeremiah 15:16