Who are you following?

(Follow The Lord By Following God's Word)

So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide in My
word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are
truly My disciples.”
~John 8:31~

You’ve probably heard someone say, “I’m following Jesus Christ.” But really, how do you follow Jesus? You follow Him in the Word, through the Word, and by the Word. The proof that you’re following Him is in doing His Word; living by the Word. He said,

If you love Me, you will keep My commandments”
~John 14:15~.

Jesus and the Word are one. Therefore, to love Him is to be quick to do the Word at all times. There’re people who say, “I’ll do whatever God tells me to do, if I hear His voice.” What such people don’t realise is that God already said all He needed to say to His children, through the written Words the Bible.

If you want to hear His voice today, study the Word. That’s the voice of the Father, the voice of Jesus, and the voice of the Holy Spirit. If you don’t act upon, or live by the written Word, even if God spoke to you from heaven, it won’t make much difference; you still won’t act.

Everything He says is always consistent with the written Word, the Bible. The Bible is a compendium of His out breathings given to us to live by:

“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness” ~2 Timothy 3:16~

Live by the Word, and you’ll never lose your way, because the Word of God is light. The Word gives you a way of life, and the right mentality. Live a purposeful and focused life through the Word. Don’t live by your imaginations, observations, assumptions or worldly wisdom; follow the Word, and you’ll be a true success.