chapter 17- pt. 1

Getting inside his room, I scramble to remove his shirt. He assists me by pulling it effortlessly over his head with one hand to the back. I notice he's wearing a chain with what looks to be a cross on it, getting hooked slightly as his shirt comes off. Raking my hands up his warm, hard chest, I grab for it, noticing it's not a cross but a thin star. Pulling him to my lips with it, we continued our kiss. He quickly grabs the hem of my sweatshirt, lifting it over my head, sending my hair all over my face. Giggling, he brushes it aside, finding me once again.

We continue fiercely kissing one another, undressing as he pushes me up against the door. His leg separates mine as he runs his hand down to my most sensitive spot.

"Dane..." I call out between kisses, looking at him, asking him for something I instinctively need, without words.

He studies my face with his big brown eyes, long eyelashes framing them perfectly, and nods, knowing just what it is that I'm asking for. He lifts me up as I wrap my legs around his waist. Grabbing the back of his hair, I slightly tug to get to the spot he loves, kissing below his ear.

He groans as he walks me over and kneels on the bed, lowering me onto the center. Surrounded by pillows on the feather down comforter, I breathe in the scent of him, sweet minty musk with a hint of men's soap.

With a grunt, Tator has awakened. He makes his way over to the bed to sniff out what all the noise is about.

"Tator...I told you she'd be here, now go lay down old man." he says sweetly, tossing a dog bone from a box on the kitchen counter. He gladly accepts, taking it back to his bed and devouring it. My heart melts at the fact that he was talking to him about me earlier, I can't even contain my smile.

Dane makes his way back to me with a sexy smirk, then removes my leggings and the rest of my clothing with ease while I take the opportunity to peek around the room, seeing nothing suspicious at all. No papers, pictures, notes, or any boxes in sight.

Mental note: I need answers, but right now, I need this more.

I grab at the button of his jeans, fumbling with it, struggling to undo them.

"Here, let me help." He laughs.

Standing, he undoes them, pulling everything off, exposing everything to me in the moonlight of his room. My face instantly flushes at the sight of him as my breath simultaneously hitches. He's undoubtedly flawless.

Returning to me, he places himself between my thighs, gently easing himself onto me. Softly kissing his way from my collar bone to my neck, his mouth trails my jaw to find my waiting lips. Pausing, he pulls away for a moment to look into my eyes.

"God, you're perfect," he murmurs before continuing his attack on my neck. "The sweetest taste on my tongue."

His words are enough to send me over the edge, eliciting a soft moan from me. There is nothing separating us, no barrier between our aching bodies.

"I need you, Dane, in every way possible." I say breathlessly to the ceiling.

He stops his assault on my neck, finding my eyes, with nothing but love and passion radiating from his. He gives me a quick nod of understanding, before going to the nightstand to grab what he needs to make this happen. Gazing into my eyes with pure lust and love, we connect. With our hearts racing, our bodies shaking with adrenaline, we find our rhythm.

"I love you Kodi," he says breathlessly, feeling every bit of that emotion. "I love you so much it hurts."

Feeling overwhelmed by my own love for him, a tear leaves my eye, rolling down my cheek. He captures it with a kiss, then finds my mouth, licking his way inside, deepening our connection that feels so complete.

We continue exploring one another until we are both utterly enraptured and overcome from each other's touch. Letting go together, we find our nirvana by the light of the moon and the guidance of our hearts.

More tears escape me in the aftermath of our love making.

"Are you alright? I didn't hurt you did I?" he asks, with a worried expression while gently wiping my cheek with the backs of his fingers.

He's always so attentive when it comes to how I'm feeling, acting as though the slightest ache or suffering would have me disappearing into thin air. You would never guess it from his tough, outward demeanor.

"No, not at all," I reply, shaking my head. "My love for you is overpowering. It overwhelms me," I admit.

Tucking a piece of hair behind my ear he softly places a kiss on my nose, then forehead.

"The feeling is mutual." He beams at me, then seals his soft lips to mine.

Falling in love with Dane was one of the easiest things I've ever done. It was like effortlessly flying through the clouds. I felt an excitement within me. An adrenaline surge, pushing me higher and higher. Feeling confident, becoming who I was meant to be, finding my true self through his love. Feeling anxious, the higher I got, knowing if I fell from here just how hard it would hurt.

It didn't take much more than a set of brown, sparkling eyes and that infamous dimpled grin to set my insides on fire. He had my whole heart for as long as he wanted it, and I knew I had all of his. He made it clear long before I even knew. That little boy on the tracks that showed me his whole world, he knew, even if he couldn't comprehend it yet. Just like his belief in something greater in our ever expanding universe. He couldn't see it, but he felt it, and knew that ultimately, everything he had to give was worth it.

It was worth the risk, worth the underlying fears, worth the uncertainty. It was worth the inevitable plunge back down to the hard, relentless, unforgiving earth.