chapter 12-pt.1

I couldn’t be more thankful for the fact that my parents were obligated to attend prestigious events. Their weekend appearances were extremely helpful in my ability to be able to sneak in and out of the house. They were at a Benefit Gala for the hospital the previous night, so lucky for me, they were still in bed when I got home.

After a nap to catch up on my lack of sleep from the night before, I showered and got ready for my day. I searched for my favorite rose-colored blouse and paired it with some skinny jeans with the infamous wedge booties I still had in my closet from Gabby. Something about taking that big step last night and losing my virginity had me feeling different. I felt less like that little girl, more like a woman. It was a terrifying, yet exciting change, and it gave me an odd boost of confidence I couldn't even begin to explain. It was as if a page had turned overnight, a new chapter in my life had begun, and I could not have been happier.

Gabby was meeting me at the mall to catch up on the events of homecoming night. She nearly spit out her Sprite when she found out Dane and I were officially together now. Never in a million years did she think anyone could turn the stone that was Dane into a gooey lovesick puppy. Her words of course. 

"Alright, well it's official. The only thing left to do is double date, so let's just go ahead and set that up, yeah?" Gabby grins mischievously before taking a sip out of her straw. 

"We'll see Gabs." I laughed, shaking my head at her.

"I just can't believe it, all this time I thought he hated you. Seems I was wrong, which is odd because I'm never wrong." 

"Yeah I thought he did too, for awhile there." I reply honestly, "We just have so much history, ya know?"

"It's crazy, I just hope you know what you're doing." she comments sincerely, knowing my heart.

Truth is, I have no idea what I'm doing, but for some odd reason, I've decided to let my heart steer this little canoe of mine. Either I float downstream with effort and ease, or fall off the edge of a waterfall, only time will tell. However, I've consciously made the decision to leave my fate to the stars.

"What are you going to tell your mom? You know she's going to freak when she hears your boning the vampire next door." Gabby jokes.

"Gabby! Stop calling him a vampire! And for the record, I never told you that." I playfully smack her arm.

"Hey, hottest vampire I've ever seen. Like, damn, I almost ditched Jaxon to try and make a play for Dane at the dance. I had no idea all that was under those hoodies. You're lucky as hell, you see the girls drooling over him? And for the record, you didn't have to, it's written all over your face." she smirks while popping a fry into her mouth.

I sigh, remembering how handsome he looked.

"He did look good. No...great." I say, my thoughts drifting, face feeling flushed. Shaking my head I get back to the real question.

"I honestly have no idea what I'll say to my mom, but for the first time...I don't care. I don't care what she thinks about it. It won't change anything." 

"Look at you..." she sits back, crossing her arms, smiling at me like a proud parent watching their child compete at the Olympics, “defying the rents, I’m so proud.”

Rolling my eyes at her I change the conversation to something I know she's dying to tell me all about.

"So...you and Jaxon? What happened?"

"Oh, I'm so glad you asked..." she sits up, elbows on the table in front of her, ready to dive in.

She proceeded to tell me all the juicy details of her eventful night with Jaxon, more details than I want to know. I literally felt like I was right there in the room with them by the graphic picture she placed in my mind. This girl has no filter.