Chapter Fourteen: Escaping Shadows

Percy has been sitting near the window, whiting for the yetis to come marching out with Brenda and the frighten villagers in all their hands. Then they have a long walk home to the villages, and everybody is united with their families and lived happily ever after The end. Well, that's how he would imagine the great rescue that he and the short fellow is not a part of it.

Percy thought being watched by Fleem would be the worst part of this whole trip, but it went fine, at the least later on. They talk about all kinds of weird stuff together.

"You know Smallfoot; I think they left us here because we're too good for the job. Although, I don't know how hard it would be, but I'm pretty sure we're up for the job."

But Percy now knows that Fleem's hand signals needs more work and practice.

"They left us here so you can marry your sister's aunt? Although, your not sure you would be good enough for the job?" Percy translated with a shiver. Percy is sure that's not what he said. Maybe he said something about the weather or something like that.

They spent most of their time at the window, despite Migo's warning. To past the time, Percy would play Wizards and Spells, a puzzle game he likes on his phone while Fleem talks to himself about something. He couldn't go asleep until he knows they are okay.

Percy is on level 425 in his game; he been stuck on this level since he and Brenda arrived at the Himalayas. It is a hard level, after all. When he used up all his moves, he lost the game again. Percy angrily decided to get off the app and go to his photo gallery instead to clam his nerves.

He scrolls thought many memorable photos that would take him through memory lane. Most of them spend their time in the village. Most of them are pictures and videos that he took of yetis in there, specifically Migo. Then he landed on a photo of him and Migo using puppy filters in a selfie. Migo was so cute in that picture.

He smiles, warmly. Perhaps he was too hard on him, a bit of a jerk. Migo was only trying to protect his thought out. His desire for adventure clouded his judgment. Maybe Migo was right; he shouldn't come along at. He was no help on the trip at all. If anything, he was holding them back.

"I should apologize to Snowball, Shorty. I'm such fool! A pathetic fool! What was I thinking coming along!?" Percy said, throwing his hands in his face.

"Smallfoot, what are you saying over there? Are you talking about me?" Fleem said, sounding offended. Then from the corner of Percy's eye, he saw the teal yeti approaching the house from the window; she approaching fast.

"Uh, Shorty? Someone is coming!" Percy pointed frankly with wide eyes. Fleem heard rapidly seeking, and it got on his nerves. "How does Migo put up with up you?" He mumbled. He sighs and then pretends to be interested.

"Sightseeing, are we? Well, this should be intrusting. Let me see." Fleem walks over to see what he is pointed at. Then his eyes widen huge and began to panic of the sight of Teal coming this way.

"Oh, no! It's that teal yeti, and she's coming this way!" Fleem then turns to the Smallfoot and scoops him up in his hands. "I-I gotta hide you somewhere!" He jogs out of the room and quickly searches for places for the little guy to hide. Then his eyes landed on a jar on a shelf. A light bulb went off.

"What are you doing?" Percy asked. Fleem got the jar off the shelf and plopped Percy in the pot and shut it. Before he could put it back, Teal came busting thew the door in a mad hurry. She closes the door behind her as she panted. She saw Fleem awkwardly holding a jar in his hands. Teal quickly dismiss it, though.

"Why hello there. I did not expect to see you here." Fleem said to act naturally as possible. "How are things going?"

"No time, you have to get out of here!" She grabs him by the hand, still holding the jar.