Chapter Twelve: Planning is Key

Dusk arrived hours when the yeti group got to settle in the guest house. Every snail in the village begins to glow brightly in different colors one by one. They also had a fire going in the center of the village square. Since the sun went down, that's been their only source of light for many generations. The villagers were doing last minute things before heading home to go to bed.

In the gust house, Percy is allowed to come out from hiding and explore the rooms; after all, the house's interior is two times his size. He couldn't really help himself but run around and take pictures. Protective Migo urged him to stay away from the windows so no one would see him.

Sure enough, everyone ate to fill their empty tummies. They all ate plenty of rock fruit from storage. They all ate at the circler stone table together. Percy sat down in between Migo and Meechee while he consumes what's left of his snacks in his bag. The redhead did not want to eat all of it, though, because he wanted to save it for Brenda and others, who probably haven't had food and water in days.

Meanwhile, Meechee only made a dent in her fruit, while the others dug into their heart's content. She couldn't eat, her stomach is in knots. She couldn't stop thinking about the lies the Stonekeeper has told theses villagers for decades; he had the village in his hands. He's having them live in fear as her father did to them not too long ago.

All he wanted to do is protect the village and be a good father. But now they know the painful truth, things got better, way better.

Bases of her father said about him, the North Stonekeeper is ruthless and is so hellbent on wanting the Smallfoots dead and gone. He hasn't shown that side to them, at least not yet.

What if-

"Are you okay, Meech? You haven't taken a bite of your fruit." Kolka asked in concern. All worried eyes are on her now. She shifts a bit in her seat. "Sorry-yeah, I'm okay. I couldn't help but think about the Stonekeeper." They nodded in agreement.

"That he has this whole place in clutches?" Fleem asked with a mouthful of fruit.

"Yes, Fleem, and what he's done to the Smallfoots...I hope we're not too late." Meechee saddens. It's terrible; it's much worse then she thought. Percy saw Wonder's face saddens form the corner of his eye while he ate. He comforts her by petting her hand. Migo was about to say something, but he stops himself. He's going to say the Smallfoots are alright, but he did not know if they are or not, no one knows except the Stonekeeper and his followers.

Then he thought of a better answer.

"We can only hope," Migo let out. They exchange hopeful looks to each other. Percy looked faces and then Migo's. He never saw Migo do that face before.

He saw hope.

"Do we have a plan to save them?" Percy asked with despair; he did not expect a clear answer form Migo or the others; he just wanted to ask for the sake of asking. But he did get somewhat of an answer when Migo scooped him up in his hands and looked right at him in his eyes.

"We're getting your friends back, everyone the Stonekeeper has taken," Migo promised the Smallfoot. Percy knew he's assuring him if he only knew what he was saying. He grins, and Migo warmly grains back. Migo then smiles, hopefully at Meechee.

She undoubtedly smiles too.

"But first, we need a plan to get in the palace," Gwangi said. They all nodded in agreement. The starred out the small window at the ice palace with determination. Then they got right to work on planning. Kolka found some chalk lying around, so they used that to draw out their plan.
The

At the table, they drew the castle and began planning out.

"According to my father, the Smallfoots are kelp captive somewhere in the palace, somewhere they can't escape," Meechee explained. She drew a Smallfoot and then a question mark right next to it.