Chapter Eight: Traveling North

"How much longer until we get there? My legs feel like their going to snap off at any second." Fleem complained.

"We get when we get there, Fleem," Kolka replied panting. The group has been walking for miles through the cold winter woods, where trees were nearly the size of them. It's been an hour or so since they left the yetis to protect the Smallfoot village from any threat. The town couldn't be seen from where they are. There was a point were they past the yeti village on the mountain, they are far from home for sure. They knew from the start that the walk wasn't going to be easy, but their endurance and perseverance is what kept them going forward.

Meanwhile, Percy is on Migo's shoulder holding on to horn, looking around the areas their walking through. Migo will always check on him to see if he's okay. Sometimes they would have a conversation about memories they had together to pass the time. Right now, Percy Is having his legs flop up down on Migo's shoulder.

"Let's stop for a minute for a break," Meechee announce to the group. The group stopped, and Fleem immediately fell flat face into the snow in exhaustion. "Ohhh, thank heaven! Relief!" Fleem said. The Yetis panted.

"Now that was a workout. Wooo!" Exclaimed Gwangi. The yetis sat in the snow to rest their tired legs and feet."I don't think we ever had to walk this much in a day before." Kolka said.

"Lucky, you did not have to walk, I don't think your little feet can take it," Migo said, referring to the Smallfoot. Migo softly patted Percy on the head. Percy chucked at Migo's touch. Then Percy started to speak to Migo in high pitch and squeaky gibberish but also making hand signals to form of unique communication. He had a question. Migo nodded in understanding.

"How much?" Migo turns to asked Meechee. "How long do you think we have?" The group listens in for an answer. Meechee looked at her map to estimate how miles they have left to go.

"We still got further to go I believe, we might have to get there by right before nightfall hits," Meechee said. The group nodded. Fleem didn't seem anthracitic about it. Then Migo used his hand signals to say his answer to Percy as he growled.

"Long way, huh." Percy translated to himself. "I guess they didn't want anyone to making it to their place."

"We gotta keep moving." Meechee urged. They all got up and resumed their journey forward. Yes, They walked many miles north. Along the way, the yetis and Percy saw many things in nature most significant design. They walked past a mountain the stood like a castle in an ancient land, a lake that is a reflection of the sky itself and the rivers that never stopped rushing on. Percy took some pictures of these gorgeous locations. They even encountered animals too. It was like sightseeing for all of them.

And just about when the daylight is about to run out, they found a new landscape only three steps ahead. The land is flat with snow covering the surface-nothing is in plan sight. It felt empty like a desert. They're amazed by it. "Wow, the village is supposed to be somewhere way out here in the open?" Kolka said.

"That's an odd place to build a village, not very stealthy either," Gwangi commented.

Meechee hummed to that in agreement. "It's very odd." Then that again, no one on the outside has never been to the village, not even her dad or The other Stonekeepers. The cold air blew through the land. It carries snowflakes. Migo nodded and swallowed in total nervousness. Percy takes a deep breath of the cold, bitter air and lets it out a breathe.

Fleem sighs in frustration. "Let's get this over with, shall we?"
...

The golden sun has gone down, and the dark blue colored the open night sky. The group of Yetis was still walking, only this time much slower. They are all tired from the journey forward — even Percy, who is laying on his belly on top of Migo's head.

"We should stop and make camp." Meechee tiredly declared. All of them groaned in agreement. Migo managed to make fire with sticks and stones that are scattered across the area. The Yetis sat around it while Percy sat a little closer to the flame with his hood up; it had the warmth he seeks. If they were to look around, it would look like they were stranded in the middle nowhere.

"Are you warm enough, Smallfoot?" Migo asked. Migo sat next to give him some company. Percy looked towards Migo and smiled. He nodded.

"I am. Thank you, Snowball." Migo is glad to see the Smallfoot is warm and relaxed.

"That good to hear that he's warm." Meechee comments, she admired when the two interact. Kolka nodded in agreement and hands over Percy's backpack to Migo.

"It sure is," Migo replied as he looks though Percy's bag. "I hope he packed his cocoon, that certainly keeps him warm." Migo notices the smallfoot packed a lot of stuff in his backpack; he indeed came prepared. Luckily, he did pack his cocoon with him. Migo took it out of the bag.

"You'll sleep in here tonight," Migo said pointed at the sleeping bag.

"Yep," Percy replied with a satisfied nod. The yetis settled down to get comfortable for the night. Percy ate a few of his snacks, but not all of it. He left some over for Brenda and outers to eat. They are probably letting them starve for all I know. Percy thought. Then he got into his sleeping bag, where he ready to go down for the night. Then unexpectedly, Migo lifted him and sleeping on to his chest while he was laying down.

"There you go." Says Migo. He put his hand behind his head. "Nice and cozy."

"Yeah, Nice and cozy while we lay down on the cold hard ground," Fleem said sarcastically. "Where can we get one of those cocoon things anyway?"

"I'm pretty sure they don't have it in our size, Fleem," Gwangi replied.

"Eh, that's a shame."

Meanwhile, Migo and Percy watched the blue night sky with millions of white dots filling the night sky. Meechee then walked over to them out of curiosity to see how they're doing.

"Hey, you two." She greeted. The Smallfoot greeted Meechee in his own language.
"Hey, Meech." Migo greeted. Meechee laid down beside him to watch the sky go by with them.

"What's on your mind, Migo?" She asked, her eyes is kelp looking up.

Migo didn't respond right away. "Just wondering what tomorrow will bring, what's in it for all of us when we get to the village." He then looks down at Percy, who is on his chest. He looked back at him.

Meechee sighs. "I don't know what's in for us tomorrow either, and I don't think no one really knows." Then she turns to him to face him, and Migo met her.

"But I do know that we all be together. You, me, Smallfoot, Kolka, Gwangi, and Fleem."

Migo then smiled at her. "Your right, as always." The Smallfoot let out a little yawn as his eye's become heavy. Kolka, Gwangi, and Fleem have already fallen asleep together.

"Aw, Looks like someone sleepy." Migo tease then he yawns too.

Then Meechee yawned. "We should probably get some sleep now."

"Agreed. Goodnight, Smallfoot." The two stared at the sky until they fell asleep a few minutes later with Percy bearly awake. He looked on his phone to see the photos he took today. He may not be a professional photographer, but he had admitted it's was pretty neat shots. Then the next picture is a group shot of him, Brenda and the Yetis having a blast. Percy smailed.

"Don't worry, Brenda. We will find you and everyone else." He looked up at stars with so much hope. Then he turned off his phone and tried to go to sleep as the fire dies down in the background. He fell into a deep sleep as the stars hover above them.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

To Be Continued...

Traveling is more fun when you don't walk far distances, I'm right? Is anyone going to see Abominable when it comes out? I know I will😉.

I sorry if this chapter felt short. The next one might transition over to the Stonekeeper and the others. Keep in mind. Updates will be slow. 😥

🏵Have an incredible day🏵

SEE YOU IN CHAPTER NINE! (Again, who knows when that'll be?)