Chapter Sixteen: Rescue Mission

"Migo, please calm down. Panicking would only make things worse," Meechee told the anxious Migo. Poor Migo could not stay still. He kelp, pacing back and forth with such various unpleasant thoughts and 'what if's. Gwangi and Kolka sat in hopelessness as they watched them.

"I can't, Meech."

Migo and gang, we're forced into a dungeon made of the thickest ice in the world by the guards. They have been trapped in the cell for hours, and that has tense hopeless hours for them. Migo first tried to banging on the ice; it went off for a few minutes until his arms got worn out. He had this strong spark in him that told him not to give up no matter what. But as time progressed, that spark died down within him. Now he can only think.

"What if they got them? What if...the Stonekeepr has Smallfoot?"

"We don't know that for sure, Migo!"

"Meech, we have to get out of here!"

"I know, Migo! I'm working on a way out of here!" Meechee looked frankly at walls for any cracks, clues, or something. She still had hope in heart; she still had spark, but it has begun to dim down.

"We're stuck in here, Meechee. The ice is way too thick, even for me." Gwangi spoke up. Kolka did a long gasp.

"Don't say that!" Kolka replied. "Will get out of here...eventually."

"When it's too late!" Migo cries out. He fell to his knees and begun to sob softly with his hands covering his eyes. Meechee came to his side by getting to her knees. She hugs him tightly with all of her heart; she too was in tears. She tries to assure him that everything is going to be okay.

"I-It's going to be okay, Migo."

"You don't know that. I'm a horrible friend to him, Meech. And now him and Fleem are in danger because of me." He whimpered.

"No your not, your bestest friend that little guy could ask for. You were only trying to protect him." Meechee then sighs, she had one more thing to say.

"And I guess I am one to blame for making you bring him along; I'm sorry, Migo." Migo stays silent as but intended to hug Meechee back in response. He whimpers into her shoulder, quietly. All he could think about is the Smallfoot and the others. Meechee had a tear streaming down her face.

Gwangi and Kolka looked at each other and saddeneds, thinking they failed and let everybody down at home.

Hope is gone, and that spark just blew out.

...

The village is under lockdown for searching for the last yeti apart of Meechee's group. All cards crawled around the village for any sign of him. They kelp it quite, since the twilight still linger around, and the villagers we're still in a deep slumber in their fantasy lands.

Then three heads popped up from behind a big bolder, Percy, Fleem, and Teal. Percy wished he had his useful binoculars with him to get a closer look at the perimeter, but that's in his backpack. Binoculars or not, it's easy to tell that the whole palace is guarded. They hid back behind the bolder, so they wouldn't be seen.

"Okay, I may have a plan for all of us to get in easily." Teal explains.

"I'm all ears." Fleem listened in while Percy nodded his head to show he'll be listening too, despite not understanding her. She used her finger to draw the plan on the ground. She also drew a diagram of then palace.

"Okay, here we go. To get in, you'll pretend to be my prisoner while I'll have Smallfoot in the jar. The guards will put you where your friends are. Then I and the Smallfoot will free the captives when my father is not looking. Then we will free you and your friends. Then we will all escape on mammoths at the stables. Mission accomplished."