Surprisingly though, she didn't care what they had to say . . .  They left her be and that's all that mattered to her at the moment.  She didn't need, nor did she want, some stranger pretending to care just to see what they could get out of her. 

          It took her some time, but eventually she stood and walked back to the foster home.  She didn't need them thinking they had to call the cops because she was in trouble or for Maragret to think she was running away after giving her a place to call "home" for a little while.  When she reached for the door, it swung open and Matthew stood in front of her. 

          "Get out of my way," she groaned as she pushed past him. 

          "No, Haven," he bitterly stated, attempting to block her way further.  She glared at him, trying not to let him know she had been crying.  He just stood there for awhile before he finally breathed out a fake sigh of relief and murmured to her, "You've been gone for a long time and I was worried about you.  Where have you been?" 

          "Who gives a fuck?"  She snapped as she made her way up the stairs. 

          "I do!"  He yelled after her. 

          "No, no you don't, Matthew," Darin coldly snapped, walking out to the living room from the kitchen.  They glared at one another for awhile, just watching each other to see if either of them had something else to add.

          Finally, Darin spoke up, "All you want is to get in her pants and then you'll leave her laying there after you've gone and fucked her.  The only thing is, that's not the real pounding she would get, is it?  You wouldn't stay with her until morning, if you could, and you would never talk to her, again, Matthew.  I've seen you do it; I know how you work.  You don't care about anyone else but yourself and you could never love, nor would you ever deserve, someone like her.  You're just a fucking man whore."

          Matthew didn't say anything back.  Glaring Darin down, he huffed after awhile and went over to the couch.  The only thing that his actions told Haven was that Darin was right . . .  Matthew didn't care about her and neither did anyone else.  

          With fresh tears in her eyes, she bolted up the steps and opened the stairway door leading up to her room.  Slamming it behind her, she raced up her flight of steps and body slammed herself onto her bed.  It didn't take long before there was a knock at the door below. 

          "Haven . . . ?"  Darin called softly to her, "Baby doll, open the door . . . please . . . " 

          She stayed silent and eventually he quit begging her and walked away.  She turned her tear streaked face toward the window and watched as the sky grew grey with rain clouds.  Haven had grown tired of seeing the familiar overhead and tears welled up in her eyes once again, only to spill out at the exact moment the rain started to pour down. 

          She buried her face in her pillow, screaming and crying for someone to come and help her, even though she knew no one would.  For a moment, she felt completely alone; it was like the whole world had given up on her and she was left to fend for herself. 

          "Haven, please!"  She heard now from the bottom of the steps.  She couldn't tell if the door had been open or not, but soon after the begging started up again, she felt Darin's warm hands on her back.  He rubbed soothingly, gently comforting her with his words. 

          "Shh . . .  Haven?  Baby doll, it's okay; I'm here . . . "  He whispered, lifting her into his arms.  He craddled her and leaned his back against the head board to support them, "Honey, shh . . .  I'm not going anywhere; I'm here for you.  I'm sorry I left you alone . . .  I'm so sorry . . .  I promise I won't do it, again."