Someone To You - Emil

"That Blue up there really is something, isn't he?" A girl in a pale blue mask remarked to me as I filled up my cup and took a quick swig.

I nodded. "He can definitely command a crowd, that's for sure."

"Oh, also, I love your costume!" She exclaimed.

"Ah, thank you!"

I had opted for something less conspicuous and more modern, going as a sort of flower nymph. I wore lilac-colored silk slip dress with a high slit and sprinkles of black in the corners and sleeves. Lace trimmed the edges of the dress as well as my matching gloves, and had a sparkling black mask. I had gone more for formal wear than an actual costume, but if someone asked me what I was dressed up as, I could always say "flower nymph" or something along those lines.

I made my way around the room, doing another sweep across the crowd to make sure nothing was amiss. All around me, people were dancing and laughing and cheering on the band. A few students jostled me, sloshing my drink and their own. As my eyes flitted from one side of the room to the other, I noticed a familiar pale face that I didn't expect to see.

"Emil?"

He was standing stiffly by some of the chairs, looking lost, headband with white rabbit ears knocked askew. He wasn't wearing a mask, so I could easily identify him across the room. I shifted through the pulsing crowd of dancing bodies toward Emil on the outskirts.

"(Name)?"

I smiled at him, lifting up my mask for a second. "The one and only. Hey, I didn't think you'd be here! What are you dressed as?"

"Um, Matthias and the group wanted to do an Alice in Wonderland theme, so..."

"Ah, so you're the White Rabbit," I guessed. He nodded, looking downwards. "Where's your mask?"

He shrugged. "I didn't think I was going, so I didn't order a mask. They kind of just threw me in this," he gestured to his costume, "last-minute, and dragged me out of the dorms."

In addition to the rabbit ears, he wore a blue pinstriped tuxedo with a black bow tie and dress pants. Where a pocket square would normally be, there was instead a Queen of Hearts playing card, similar to the cards I had seen in the band's pockets. The stripes on the suit accented his slim figure and the shade brought out the purple hues in his eyes.

My heart lurched.

Cute.

"I guess they wanted me to be the White Rabbit because I'm so pale," he laughed dryly.

A sudden surge of confidence made me step closer to him, reaching up to fix the headband so it sat nicely tucked behind his real ears, the rabbit ones upright and centered. "No, the look works for you. It's cute."

He stared at me with wide eyes and I cursed myself for suddenly being so forward. But, looking at him so closely, and him not moving away...

Taking a step back and gesturing towards the dance floor, I grinned. "Wanna go dance?"

He wildly shook his head. "I'm not the dancing kind of guy. You can go ahead, if you want. Have fun."

I scoffed. "I'm not about to leave you here alone. C'mon, let's go get punch instead."

I took his elbow and started leading him in the direction of the snack table where Feliciano has piled heaps of food and an extra-large punch bowl filled to the brim for everyone attending.