CHAPTER XVIII.

Clara's POV:

So that bonding that happened earlier was really awkward and weirdly fun. There are chances that the two—Young Soo and Sakura will have that 6th-grade crush scenery where they stole glances and some awkward small jokes. The usual. But I still can't shake the feeling you know?

So here am I, I decided to walk home all by myself and yes I've been walking for a while since the mall where I was recently were quite far from my house but anyways, I just can't stop thinking about that weird 'someone is watching you' chills. I mean who would've done that.

I still fumbled on my thoughts and didn't notice that I was a few blocks away from my place and I notice some loud arguing coming from the direction where my house is. So I picked up the pace and saw a man. Maybe he's in his mid-50's with lanky features, a faded jean jacket, some faded pants and it seems like he's in the middle of somewhat explaining something to my sister.

"Talitha, makinig ka naman—" he managed to say.
(Talitha, listen to me—)

"At bakit naman? Matapos mong mawala ng parang bula babalik-balik ka?" My sister said with venom on her words.
(Why would I? After you disappeared without a trace you came back just like that?)

I walked towards them and said,"Ate, ano ba 'to? Bakit ang aga-aga nag susumigaw ka dyan? Umm... Kuya, kabayan, sorry sa  ate ko po ah bad mood po siguro."

(Talitha, what's going on? Why are you raining on this guy? I'm really sorry mister, My sister must've been in a really bad mood.)

The man looked at me with wet and relieved eyes. He stared at me with mixed emotions visible in him.  He grabbed me and hugged me. Oh, I guess we're hugging now?  Shocked and confused, I chuckled awkwardly and patted his back.

"Umm... S-sige. Ahm..." I managed to stutter.

He pulled away and looked at me with expectant eyes. His weary and brown eyes looked at me like we are very close familiarly.

"Hindi, mo ba ako natatandaan?" he asked while holding both of my shoulders in his calloused and deeply tanned hands.

(Don't you remember me?)

"Uhh... Hindi po eh sensya na po. Sino po ba sila?." I shook my head and smiled nervously.

(Uhh... sorry but no. I'm sorry but who are you again?)

"Clara! Tara na dito sa loob! 'Wag mong kausapin yan." Talitha said with a raised voice.

(Clara! Come inside now! Don't you ever talk to that man!)

"Umm... Pasensya na po, manong...  Pero dapat siguro umalis na po kayo kase parang bad trip talaga sa inyo si ate."

(Umm... I'm really sorry about my sister. I think you should really go, mister. My sister really seemed to be in a really bad mood.)

"CLARA!" She called with a raised and impatient tone.

"Opo Ate." I replied to her and went inside the house.

(Yes, Talitha)

Once I completely came inside she slammed the door at her back. She left herself outside with that strange guy. I decided to put my ear to the door to listen on what they're talking about.

"Ayokong nakikita ka dito pakiusap lang po. Kahit ngayon lang. Gumawa ka ng desisyon na ikatutuwa namin."  she said towards the man.

(Listen, I don't what you around here... Please. Just this once. Do us all a favor.)