XIII. The Prom That Went Telenovela(What happened before)

*3rd Person Perspective:

The night of the grand ball of the Last Splash. Everyone was busy to be ready for the night that all have been waiting for. Everyone is excited about it except Clara. Even if she had everything set; she still have that strange and very disturbing feeling in her. She's not excited neither she is nervous. You know the feeling of strange chills that something bad will come over and will make everything bad or worse? That's it.

"Clara? Are you okay? You're pale and cold," Carina said while noticing Clara's cold hands.

"Carina, I'm fine. I can handle it," she lied with a little smile. The truth is she just wanted to not go. Every time she's not feeling well: bad things will probably happen and her gut never failed to give her warning signs.

Carina helped Clara to stand up and face the full size mirror. Clara stared herself for a while; staring at her long royal blue serpentine gown. Her hair is braided in a very complex and elegant way but still having her signature flower pins in place. Though her face has make-up on her worry is still traced on her expression.

Carina noticed her uneasiness and remarked her,"You look very stunning. Don't worry everything is going to be fine. No, not fine. Perfect. I promise."

Clara smiled wearily and said a thank you before complimenting her red off-shouldered gown.

"Are you two done yet?" Natalya asked while standing on the door frame with her fitted black gown with a lace Victorian collar. The two girls nodded and moved out of the room followed by Natalya behind them.

They are met by Mei and Bella on the lobby of the hotel then they proceeded to the limousine from Carina's grandfather. Their group sat inside the luxurious car and went to the reception hall where the grand ball is being held. The girls exited the vehicle and walked down the red carpet and into the venue.

The venue screamed grandiosity and elegance with its design that looked like a grand ballroom of a palace. Mirrors on the ceiling embellished with gold ornaments which matched the ivory white marble floors. The scene looked like it came out from a fairy tale book. The crowd of people were chattering and enjoying their time socializing.

"Hey! Clara! Carina!" Chelsea called out while sweeping through the crowd of people.

Their group turned and greeted her with smiles.

"Oh my gosh, I love you're dress Chelsea," Bella complimented.

Chelsea shyly smiled and straightened out her sky-blue ballgown.

"Credits!Credits Ahem!" Monique joked with a smirk.

"Monique Bonnefoye, designer, extraodinaire." Carina curtsied with a giggle.

Monique placed her hands on her hips and placed a smile and a little twirl with her elegant cream colored serpentine gown.

Everything is dazzling and very elegant. Clara lost her words to describe the scene. Everything is too much for our island girl. She found everything very overwhelming. She is enchanted by the night and her worries seemed to tone down as the presence of the moon shone down the glass roof of the ballroom.

Clara spaced out of her mind and she started to wander around unconsciously. Her feet walked without her permission and brought her to the courtyard just behind the ballroom. She felt the cold air of the night brushing against her skin. Then someone called her name softly,"Clara..."

Clara snapped out of her thoughts and spun around to see who it is.

As cliche as the movies she had seen before: the prince finally arrived.