Chapter 12

When I woke up this morning my head was pounding and my mom yelling at me about not calling her last night made my head hurt worse.

But now it's two o'clock and Tasha and I are going to Miami to shop and to the beach. But what Tasha doesn't know is Ryder is joining us. I'm suspended and Ryder skipped school so it was perfect for us.

Alec has probably texted me at least 50 times and called ten. I'm ignoring him because he hurt me, maybe what Bianca said wasn't true but him spending his time with Ana, who publicly announced that she loves to have sex, made me mad. But all in all, I miss him so much.

"Yassss we look cute" Tasha yelled as we stood in my large body mirror. I laughed at her and agreed. We snapped a few pictures and uploaded them to Instagram.

"Are you ready to see Miami?" I asked Tasha in a Spanish accent, as we got in her car. She laughed at me and started the engine but it failed.

"Shit" she muttered.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't tell you earlier but I invited someone to come with us but I guess we're going to have to ride with them," I smirked.
Her face lit up and she started jumping up and down, "It's Alec ain't it!," She squealed bit I scoffed and pulled out my phone to text Ryder.

BabyGirl ✨: pick us up please. Car trouble

Ryder💨: ight.

After about twenty minutes Ryder pulled up and popped the trunk so we could put our beach bags in it. Today he drove a white BMW with black leather seats. Tasha introduced herself but was completely quiet after and stayed on her phone the whole time, which was weird.

Ryder and I talked, joked, laughed, sang or rapped to the music on the radio until we made it to Miami about an hour later.

"Woah," Tasha and I said as we saw the beach. Atlanta doesn't have a beach. There's one beach in Savannah but it's dirty as hell!

****
Tasha
"I want to go to the beach. So I'll meet y'all later," I said and got my beach stuff and left them to do their thing.

When I got to the beach, I found a nice area to lay out my beach towel. I put my stuff on top of it and sat down Indian style. My phone rang and I immediately answered.

"Y'all got dismissed early right?" I asked my love.

"Yeah, we're on our way to Miami right now. Can't wait to see you in a two piece" Theo replied and I laughed.

"She brought a friend." I rolled my eyes at Laila's stupidity.

"Who?" I heard Alec ask and I just shook my head at his nosey ass.
"Ryder. But he says it's not his real name but I have yet to know it. Laila doesn't even know it" I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips. "I'm bored when are y'all getting here?" I whined.

"Turn around" I looked over my shoulder to see Alec as Theo standing in their beach trunks and beach towels.

I smiled and them and we sat there, talked and waited on Laila and her friend.
______
Laila
"What's wrong with your friend?" Ryder asked as he opened a door for me.

"Thanks and I don't know. She's usually not like this at all," I explained.

He frowned a little, "She looks familiar" but he just nodded, "Look at those shorts. I bet ya ass would look extra fat in them" I rolled my eyes but the shorts were really cute, I looked at the price and put the shorts back down. Definitely not paying $46 dollars for shorts that literally don't cover my ass.

Ryder and I went to a few other stores and looked around before deciding on joining Tasha at the beach.
It wasn't hard to find her but when we did we saw that she wasn't alone.

Why did she invite Theo and Alec here? I walked over to them as if I didn't see them and set up my stuff three feet away.
Ryder ran off into the water while I stripped from my day clothes into my bikini.
I was ready to get my hair wet and curly. I took my weave out a while back but kept it straightened so everyone just thought that it was still the weave.
I ran into the water and dived under. I swan around for a while until I felt hands grab my ass. I jumped out the water and glared at Ryder.
He laughed, " wasn't your hair just straight?"
I nodded, "it's naturally curly so whenever it's straightened and water hits it it curls back up"
He looked amazed at my big curly hair that reached my upper mid back. He began playing with my curls but I didn't mind because it felt good. So he sat on the sand and I laid between his legs as the water hit us. People walking by awwed at us thinking we were a couple.

"Laila" someone said from behind me. I sat up and turned to see Alec. I excused myself from Ryder and walked over to Alec.

"Yeah?", I asked.

"I'm so sorry. Ana and I never did anything and neither did Bianca and I. Bianca was pissy drunk but we never even tried to do anything. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you i'd be there" By the time he was done speaking he was out of breathe. He looks so damn cute.

I smiled, "okay" I didn't want to argue anymore or be mad so I just forgave him.

"Okay?" He questioned with a shocked look. He laughed and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I love you" he mumbled through my wet curly hair and I told him the same thing.

"So who's he?" He gestured to Ryder and I just laughed at him and pushed him towards the group that Ryder also joined.

________________
I know it's been forever!!! And it's short but I can't think of anything to write plus I'm trying really hard to focus on school but it's not working and I need to buckle down so I won't be updating for a while. I'll do little chapters at the end of each week.