Chapter 34

I walked down the hallway hand in hand with Alec. People said hey to us and we answered.

He walked me to my locker and then went to go meet up with his friends. Which I'm totally fine with its just that as soon as he walked away Bianca was in my face.

"We need to talk," she grabbed my arm and tried to pull me into the bathroom but I gave her this look.

"Sorry but it's important!" She muttered and lead me into the bathroom. Alec looked at me with eyebrows raised.

"What do you want?" I asked her when we got into the bathroom.

"I don't know why I'm coming to you with this but I have no friends. All those girls are fake bitches who follow me because I'm popular," her face started turning pink. She's right I don't know why she's coming to me. I just stayed silent.

"My father is dying and when he's gone I have to live with my mom," she has a slight country accent that I never realized.

"So why're you crying and why're you telling me this?" I pretended as if I didn't care but the good person in me wants to comfort her.

"I want him to die, Laila! He's a bastard who has done nothing but touch me since he gained custody of me when I was ten! He changed me! I hate skirts, heels and makeup but he loves the way I look in it and it's disgusting. I want to go back to Tennessee with my momma and my brothers and sisters!" She started sobbing and I couldn't help it but hug her. All the times she's messed with me it's because she hates her self. She hates everyone because she hates herself.

I still don't know why she's coming to me with it but I feel bad for her and I want to help. I don't know how but I want to.

"What'd you want me to do?" I asked her.

"Find my momma, I have her number but I can't call her. I don't know how but the old bastard blocked her number from every since phone in the house and my phone is restricted, I'm coming to you because I trust you! Every time I've fucked with you, you've revealed me to myself and for that I thank you and I hope you can forgive me," she sighed and I helped her clean up.

"Bianca I'm not saying we're friends now but if you need anything just go to Alec and we can both help you," I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Thank you," she said and left the bathroom. Boy! Here I was thinking that I'd be coming back to school after Christmas break with no worries but I've taken it upon my shoulder to help a girl who I've beat the shit out of.

*
*

"What was that about this morning?" Alec asked as we walked to lunch together.

"I'll tell you later. Now I have to find Zoë and punch the shit outta her," I grinned when I saw Zoë eating her lunch.

I ran up behind her and gave her seventeen punches on her arm. She turned around I glared.

"Love you ZoZo," I blew a kiss and she pretended to squish it. Everyone got to the table and sang happy birthday to Zoë.

"So is there a party??" Zachari asked with wide eyes. She loves house parties.

"Of course you'd want a party," someone said under their breath. I looked over and glared at Dante's new bitch.

"Bitch don't make me beat your ass again," Zachari smart mouthed making everyone laugh. "Anyways! Let me talk to the relevant people!" Zachari started talking to Zoë and Josh about a party this weekend.

"Relevant? Bitch I am relevant!" Courtney stood up and said. I took a deep breath because she's standing over my PB&J sandwhich. If the Zachari don't slap this hoe I sho' ashell will!

"No you're not. You're a mistake now sit!" Zachari responded calmly.

"Mistake? You wanna talk about mistakes? Didn't you get an abortion last year? Isn't that why Dante left you?" Courtney said and everyone at the table was quiet. Zachari looked at Dante and shook her head. Dante couldn't look at her, at all.

So nobody gon swing on this hoe? Ok! I got her after school.

"Go!" I yelled. I pointed away from the table. Courtney looked at me as if I was talking gibberish. So I kindly took her by her hair and drag her away from the table and walked away from where I left her. I sat back down and ate my sandwich.

Dumb bitches! I can't have a good back to school day?

***

"Hey Gio I need your help!" The first thing that came out of my mouth when I got home.

He laughed. "You'll get your Nutella," I laughed but told him that's not the help I need.

"Can you help me find a woman?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I have nothing against sexual orientation but aren't you dating Alec?"

" ha ha that's not what I meant I meant can you help me find a woman for my friend it's actually her mother," I don't know eu I said Bianca is my friend.

"Oh of course you can help on what exactly you do you need my help with?" He said but then my mom walked in the door with grocery bags in her hand.

"Laila and Gio can you help?" We went outside to her car and got bags on our hands, not wanting to make more trips.

"She lives in Tennessee. I know you know people all over the world and in the states. I have the number but she's not sure if it's the same person, there's twenty Dana Brooks' in Nashville itself. I googled during study hour," I told him the info.

"I'll help. I hope it's for a good cause," he warned.

"Trust me it is," I smiled.

******

He wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest. We've been sitting and talking as the sunset but now that the stars are out, we want to watch them.

"So you're saying that if we get into the same college you won't speak to me?" I laughed and so did Alec.

"Yup!" He said. "I'm gonna be getting all the ladies! I won't have time for you!" He joked. I laughed and breathed in his cologne.

"Well what if I go to UCLA and you go to NYU? Then what? We're miles away!" I asked. He tightened his grip on me.

"Then I'd never let you go. You're my cinnamon apple!" He smiled and I swear it's like the first time I met him.

"You're full of shit!" I laughed. "If we're together you'd ignore me but if we're far apart you'd love me more? Boy bye!" We both start laughing. I love these moments with him. In his backyard, on a pool chair with a blanket over us, staring at the stars. This is so cliché!

"No I'm joking! Either way I'd hold onto you,"

"Well what if we break up?" I asked then looked up at him. He started smiling. "What?"

"I love you! Bitch! And I will never stop loving you! Bitch!" He mimicked a vine and I hit his chest. We started laughing and then sighed at the same time.

"Stop that!"

"Weirdo!" We said at the same time. Alec is now apart of me, there's no Laila and Alec anymore. I swear we're one now! We think the same, laugh the same and I think he gets his man-period the same time I get mine.

Regardless, I love him.
_________________

Yes! This was short and yes! Bianca isn't a bitch! I've always low-key liked her! She has baggage like everyone and I love that about her!

Oh! And Zachari got an abortion, I didn't write it because no one knew except for Zachari and Dante! And this book is in Laila & Alec's prospective. Every once in a while I will change the point of view to other people but at that time I didn't want anyone to know that Zachari had an abortion.