Chapter 11

Tasha and Laila's party outfit in the MM
Tasha's outfit on top
Laila on the bottom

_______________

I looked at him. He looks the same other than the fact that his features have matured. Darion is going on 19. He's older than me by a year, when he turns 19 I'll be 18.

"What do you want" I questioned and he held his hands up in surrender.

"To apologize" his deep voice vibrated. I shivered and looked away from his light brown eyes.

"I'm sorry Laila. After what happened I went to therapy and talked about my problems. There's no excuse for what I did but I was going through a lot. My dad killed my mom. No she didn't die of cancer. And I took out all my anger on you. I'm truly and deeply sorry. I started living with my grandma and I go to church with her every Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday." He took and breath and gently took my hands in his. "I just need you to forgive me. I'm not saying right off the bat but think about it and really forgive me. I want to move on in my life, I don't want to be the old me." His eyes started to tear up. "And I refuse to be like my father." He broke out in a sob making me pull him into a hug.

His mother was the sweetest woman I've ever met. No one could ever say anything bad about her because there simply wasn't anything bad to say about her. I knew that his dad was on drugs and he was abusive to Darion but I didn't know it escalated to his father killing his mom.

"Look at me D." I said, taking his face in my hands. "I forgive you and I'm so glad you're getting help and go to church. I see how you've matured and in proud of you. Keep doing good okay? And tell Mama April I said hi." Darion smiled, tears still falling. He hugged me tight and I smiled.

"Am I interrupting something" a pissed voice said. I let Darion go to see Tasha standing there with her arms crossed and a mean mug on her face.

"Oh no. Tasha you remember Darion"

"Of course. The cheater, woman beater, the almost killer" she snapped.

"Tasha stop!" I yelled at her making her roll her eyes at me.

"Darion she didn't mean it. You're not a killer. You're not him"

"No" he raised his voice. "She's right. But I understand her pain. I hurt the person she loves. I know how that feels. I'll go now but I'm glad you forgive me" he kissed my cheek and walked off to his silver Jeep.

I closed the front door as he pulled off. I turned around to Tasha.

"What the hell!!" I shrieked. She just glared at me.

"You forgive him!" She huffed and plopped into the love seat. I began telling her what he told me and why I forgave him.

"Oh damn. I feel like shit" she ruffled her big natural hair and stared at the ground. We watched tv and movies for a few hours before I grew bored.

"I'll be back" I mumbled. I ran upstairs and went to take a shower. When I got out I put on a black bra and matching thong. After that I oiled my skin with coco butter then slipped on a black bra croptop that said BabyGirl on it in white, boyfriend jeans with paint splattered all over it (bought like that) and my timberlands. I took my hair out of a ponytail and left it wavy down my back then added gold accessories.

I took my phone out and snapped a picture of me and uploaded it on Instagram, captioning: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 😘.

Tasha barged in my room. "So you gon get dressed and not tell me where we going. Fuck you" I laughed at her as she threw on high waisted acid wash jeans, a crop top that said Smile and her black and red snakeskin 11's. She threw her big curly hair into a bun and added silver hoop earrings.