The bearded man knelt on the ground next to her, listening for puffs of air. When he heard none, he pulled out a pair of gloves from his pocket, having not taken the unused gloves out before lunch and not wanting to spread bacteria, and he moved the blockage out of her mouth, it not being very far down her throat. He took off the gloves, the piece of what he assumed to be her breakfast, inside the gloves, and threw them away. Kevin was busy trying to calm down the two men. 

"Your sister's gonna be fine. We work at the hospital nearby." He explained. No one bothered to correct what he assumed their relationship was. It didn't matter. 

Finally an ambulance arrived, the EMT administering medicine that quickly stopped the seizure, making her fall limp, before lifting the girl into the ambulance with Scott and Mitch. The two men also climbed in. 

"Well, I guess we don't have to walk back to work." The deeper voice male chuckled. Scott and Mitch gave a small huff of laughs, too grateful for Kirstie to be breathing freely and still to notice. Once inside, Kirstin was taken away where Scott and Mitch had to stay behind until cleared to come back. One of the EMT's had taken Olaf, handing him off to Mitch. The two men from earlier disappeared, though they were still in the hospital. It was an hour or so before they could go back and see their friend. 

"How do you feel, Kit?" Scott asked her, taking her hand in his. Mitch was on her other side as Olaf stared up at her. 

" 'm better." She answered, her voice soft as she rubbed her throat gently. It was sore, as it often was after seizures. Her headache from before was even worse now.

"Kirst, please explain what that was?" Mitch snapped. Scott quickly interrupted him.

"Mitch, give her some space. She just had a seizure!" He told his friend. "We can talk later if that's what you want." 

“Please stop fighting. I feel sick and you’re not helping.” she sighed, frowning. She felt like crap, and they did judge her for it, at least Mitch did. 

"Alright, I'm sorry, Kitty." Scott nodded, running his thumb over her knuckles. Mitch didn't seem as forgiving at the moment. 

"I'm not. Kirst, you scared me half to death! What was that?" He asked the girl. 

“Mitchie…” Kirstie groaned, holding her head. It hurt to move her arm, being bruises from seizing on the concrete. His face broke her heart, and the pain and guilt it made her feel made her stomach churn. "I'm sorry, okay? I was scared." 

"No, it’s not okay! You stopped breathing for fucks sake! And you lied to us!” Mitch yelled, making Kirstie wince. 

“Of what, Kit?" Scott asked softly, "We're not mad at you. But you're making me worried. You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Kirstie sighed. "I'm epeliptic." She answered quietly. 

"We've figured that much out." Mitch snapped at the smaller girl. They’d seen her bracelet, Olaf’s harness. " What we don't know is why you wouldn't tell us something like that!" His sharp tone made her clutch her head again. 

"Mitch, I know you're upset. But please quiet down." Scott begged his friend, "You're hurting her." At least he had noticed the way that she was wincing at the loud noises, holding her stomach. He wasn’t too mad to notice her further pain, and guilt. 

Kirstie couldn't help but give Scott a weak smile. He had always been gentle like that. It was almost impossible to make him upset, and even when he was, he never yelled. He knew how to get his point across without yelling. 

"Kirst, I only have one question, and then I promise I'll let it go and you and me will be good." Scott spoke softly to make sure she wasn't in too much pain she couldn't understand him. "Why did you keep it a secret?"

"I thought you'd judge me. Look at me differently." She sighed, shifting a bit and whining in pain when her arm pressed against the hospital bed. Scott nodded. He'd understood her in some level. Although he'd never had something this bad, he remembered that days he would try and tell them his back didn't hurt from his scoliosis so that they wouldn't think he was a party pooper. 

“I guess I was right.” she whispered. 

"Not at all." Scott shook his head. "You're still Kirstie, the girl that attacks me with a hug everyday." He gave a soft smile to lighten the mood, but it did nothing. 

She already knew Mitch hated her now. He'd never want to talk to her again. Scott noticed the way she looked at him and whispered to her. 

"Give him a little bit, he's just scared. He'll get over it." The blonde promised. 

"Why would you lie like that?" Mitch asked, taking no consideration of Scott's request of his noise level. He didn't understand it at all, and she had no idea how to explain it. Surely he of all people knows how it feels to be judged, especially by someone so close. Olaf whimpered at Scott's side, explaining he needed to use the bathroom, so Scott took him outside. 

"I didn't do it to hurt you." Kirstie spoke up quietly. 

"What do you mean?! If you didn't want to hurt me, you wouldn't have lied!" He snapped at the girl. 

"It's not always about you!" She was starting to cry. "I did it to protect myself from this!" The stress was starting to really get to her as she felt her temperature rise a bit in anger. "But I guess it didn't work."

Finally, the stress built up, making her leaned over the side of the bed to where a nurse had left a waste basin for her. Her stomach lurched as she emptied what little was left in her stomach. Mitch seemed to forget how upset he was, pulling her hair up. It took him a second to think, as he stayed there rubbing her back comfortingly to realize just how big of a deal he was making this into. Was he really going to let this destroy their friendship? As soon as he was sure she was okay, he pulled her into a hug. 

"I'm so sorry." He apologized, shocking the girl. "I'm being such an asshole. You're still my sister, no matter what."  He joked, making her give a soft smile as she leaned into his side. 

"So." She broke the silence. "Were the doctor's hot?" She joked, giggling. Mitch laughed along as they heard a voice at the door. The brown-eyed doctor. 

"Well, I'd say I'm pretty hot." He joked, but maybe not to the standard of a girl as pretty as you." He smiled.

Turning to Mitch, Kirstie leaned near his ear to whisper to him.

"This day just got so much better."