A swim with the mermaids

Pan's P.O.V.
Arriving at the tree house, I set Eden down by the fire carefully to not hurt her more than she already was. I untie the bandana around her leg, quickly controlling the bleeding with a wet cloth, trying to get the dirt out. Eden winced in pain, but I knew this was only the beginning if she wanted the wound to heal.

I soon get the wound cleaned and bandaged, Eden soon falling asleep as I try and get a fire going to keep her warm. Eden shifts in her sleep, causing me to turn to her as she groans in pain. I go to kneel in front of her, moving a strand of her blonde hair out of her face, caressing her cheek gently as she leans into my touch. Eden opens her eyes, meeting mine. Neither of us said anything to each other as my lips met hers.

The kiss started slow, both of us hesitant to make the first move but Eden wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me closer to her. I kiss her deeper, the kiss now more desperate as her fingered rake through my hair. "You need to rest." I mumble against her lips, opening my eyes.

"I can't." She said softly, resting her hand on my chest.

"The pain will go away if you at least try." I said, causing her to pout. I get up to sit next to her, Eden crawling over to me with her head resting on my shoulder. I wrap my arm around her after pulling the blanket over he shoulders.

"Does this mean we won?" Eden asked, followed by a yawn.

"No, but I'll let Nate sub in for you and Felix since most likely he was behind all of this." I smile, petting her hair softly. Eden smiled, digging her head into my neck.

"I love you, Peter." She yawns, falling asleep.

"I love you too."

Eden's P.O.V.
I wake up to the faint smell of fresh herbs as I see Peter getting down from the latter. His hair was a mess, telling me he just woke up.  I close my eyes again, pretending to be asleep.

"What did the boys decide on?" I hear Peter putting on his shirt.

"Swimming with the mermaids, see if he drowns." Felix's voice explains. Peter sighs for an unknown reason as a short silence follows. "How's Eden's leg?"

"Deep, almost to the bone. She won't be walking anytime soon." l open my eyes, looking down at the blanket that covered me. Not being able to walk killed me since it was something I did a lot. I had seen soldiers coming back from war missing legs or being paralyzed and it ruined them, many dying from infection or killing themselves because they are limited in what they do and can't serve my family anymore.  I know I am not like them but it feels like I am one now.

"I can imagine she won't like hearing that news. Oh and Shane dropped this off for  her." Although I couldn't see what it was, I already knew what it was.

"Perfect. She'll be happy to have this back. It's the most important thing her mother ever gave to her."

"Oh and we need you to unlock Nate's cage because we're going to start his dare soon."

"Alright, you boys get to the shore but keep a few back to get Nate."

"Alright." I hear Felix leave as I finally sit up. Peter suddenly wraps his arms around my neck, digging his face in my neck. I squeal in surprise, Peter kissing my head.

"Felix dropped this off for you." He held the crown in front of me. I gasp, grabbing it from him eagerly.

"Thank you, Peter." I smile at him sweetly.

"Of course. And Felix wants us at the cages soon so you need to get ready." Peter glanced at my bad leg, knowing he had to change it but it always hurt.

"No." I wrap my wings around me to shield myself from him.

"No, we are doing this without you complaining." Peter came around to me as I peak at him through my feathers. I tuck my wings in, preparing myself for the pain as Peter takes off my bandages. I saw the gash and look away from Peter as he painfully cleaned my wound, bandaging it as well.  As Peter stood up, he offered his hand but I only crossed my arms at him.
"What?"

"I can't walk." I said like it's obvious.

"You need to try at least." I look away from him, huffing. "How about this, you try to get to the cages and I'll make it up to you." He offered, making me look at him at his tempting offer.
'
"Alright," I take his hand, letting him help me up. My leg burned with a dull yet sharp pain as Peter keeps me steady. He takes a step back, hinting to try and take a step to him. I lift my bad leg, wincing in the process as I try and take a step to him, having to lean against him in pain. Peter wrapped an arm around me, helping me stay balanced. We repeat this process for a few more minutes before I gave up, begging to stop. Peter listened, wrapping an arm around me in  comfort.

"I think that's enough for today." He whispers. I simply nod at him, letting him teleport us to the cages where Felix and a few other boys were who all turn to us. I limp over to the nearest tree, using it for support as I watch Peter kneel down to open the cage that held Nate who looked at me with a smirk. I look down at the ground, not wanting to look at him. The few boys make sure Nate couldn't get away, Felix keeping an eye on him as Peter helped me all the way to the small lagoon where the rest of the boys were. I keep my hand clutched my tiara, meeting the boys.

"What is this, a demon ritual?" Nate joked.

"No. Felix and Eden were supposed to do this but since you were most likely behind Eden's bad leg, the boys did the rare thing to make the two back out, picking someone in their place. So for two minutes you will swim in the lagoon and try not to drown." Peter smirks, getting Nate to scoff.

"Sounds easy enough."

"Oh and one more thing, fresh blood." Peter drew his dagger, taking Nate's hand and cutting his palm which caused Nate to hiss in pain. Peter dropped the blood in the lagoon, backing up as the boys pushed Nate into the water. I watch Nate surface, trying to swim to the shore but the mermaids tales thrash in the water, trying to drown the boy. I stay next to Peter, who didn't complain as he keeps his arm around my waist. We all watch as the boy struggled to keep above the water, flailing and calling for help.

"I never knew that mermaids can be so bloodthirsty." I said my thoughts out loud.

"They aren't mermaids, they're sirens, a more deadly version of the mermaids. They're known for luring sailors away from the ship with their songs and dragging them into the ocean, drowning them. They can smell blood from miles away and are attracted to it. Normally they're docile but once hungry, they are ruthless." Peter explained to me. Shivers go down my spine at the thought. Peter looked at Felix, nodding as the boys start to drag Nate onto the shore. Peter didn't take another thought at him, teleporting us somewhere on the island. I catch the large lake before us and Peter kneels down to the edge.  I carefully kneel down, trying not to cause pain as I kneel next to him.

"What's this place? What's in the lake?" I ask, looking at him.

"A siren."