Wings and horns

Pan's P.O.V.
Eden ran around the tree house, trying to catch Archer. I chuckle at her failed attempts as I whistle sharply, the wolf coming to my side. "Looking for someone?" I smirk. Eden looked over at me, rolling her eyes.

"Show off."

"You just need to teach him who's in charge." I scratch the wolf's neck. "Come on, it's high time you met the boys." I chuckle, getting up as Archer went over to Eden again. We walked out of the tree house and down the steps to camp. Felix glanced at me, shutting his mouth as the boys quickly followed his gaze. Felix stood up, walking over to us. "I count thirty four. Where's Cole?" Cole was like Felix, my second most loyal boy but he gets carried away and tends to explore the island alone without anyone even knowing.

"Somewhere on the island." Felix scoffs. I sigh, thinking he would say that.

"Alright, get Eden caught up. I'm going after him."

"Wait you can't just leave me here alone." Eden crossed her arms but I can tell she was scared.

"I'll be gone only for a small while, and Felix will make sure that you're safe." I lift off the ground, flying out of the camp and searching for Cole. I didn't want to leave her alone anymore than she wanted me to go but the island is dangerous and can easily snap her neck like a toothpick. Searching the tree line, I try and look for the boy, but so far nothing. Landing on a branch, I try and think of where a boy would go.

But a small yelp caught my attention which I follow to a deep pit, Cole on the edge trying to hold on.

"Cole, what are you doing down there?" I chuckle. Oh and before you say anything, he was Felix's little brother and I've gotten close to him. Cole looked at me, his icy blue eyes wide with fear.

"Uh, exploring?" He said, his foot slipping more as he fell, falling down the steep, rocky slope. I quickly fly down after him, landing next to him on the ground. By now his face was full of scrapes and his knee was badly cut, a big gash running down his knee with blood following.

"Are you okay?"

"No." He winced, holding his leg.

"Here, let me help." I wrap a bandanna around his leg, having him wince but as I tie it, his pain seemed to stop. "Now, let's get you back to your brother and if he asks, I'm just the one who found you." I chuckle, taking his hand and lifting off into the air. We come back to the camp where I could see Eden by the fire laughing with Sam. Jealousy filled me at him talking to my Eden and I wanted to bash his head in the fire pit.

"What happened to you?" Felix snaps, coming up to us.

"I was just exploring." Cole mutters shyly. He and his brother got along, just not very often.

"How many times have I told you not to go out there!"

"I'm sorry alright. But I'm not a boy anymore so stop acting as if I'm three!" He snaps, storming-well limping-past us. Felix rolled his eyes, shaking his head.

"Take it easy, he isn't a boy anymore."

"Our mom told me to look after him."

"And you are. But it's my job to look after both of you. Now relax, he's fine so it's your turn to calm down." I said, moving past him to the fire pit where Eden sits. Sam glanced at me, catching my glare as he quickly left.

"Honestly why do you need them to fear you so much?" Eden chuckled, noticing my presence.

"It's a sign of power. To show who's in charge."

"Like Regina, only without the crushing hearts and poisoned apples."

"There you go." I smile. The sky covered with clouds soon and I look up at the odd behavior in the weather. Snow fell to the ground, boys smiling and cheering at the first snow fall. Eden smiled, the snow landing in her hair. I guess that's why they say she's called the daughter of Snow White. Archer stood up, trying to bite the snow.

"Who knew an island of evil could hold such beauty."

Eden's P.O.V.
The snow had covered the ground in a sheet, boys acting like children as they roll around and play around in it. I catch Felix rushing into his tent, almost like he was meeting there and that was the one place he had to do it. Peter knew everything the boys did and had but their tent was the only place they thought Peter wouldn't go. But I've caught boys smuggling treats and things into their tents and Peter getting it during their training and hunting, making the boys turn on each other.

But Felix was on of the boys Peter didn't break his private life because he knew Felix could be trusted. I get up, Peter glancing around me but I don't even look at him, Archer following me as we go to Felix's tent. I look in and see Felix quickly but something was odd about him. He had these horns! Not to mention the wings that drag behind him. I decided to ask him what it was, walking into his tent. Felix quickly sensed my presence and his horns and wings disappeared in the blink of an eye.

I've seen this only once before in a book but I never found it that interesting. A fairy had her wings stripped from her and she became the darkest of evil almost Peter's level.

"Tell anyone about what you saw and I'll drag you to the Echo Caves and kill you right there." He snarls at me.

"You're one of her kind." I breath as if I hadn't heard his threat.

"Who's kind?" He played dumb.

"Maleficent. You're just like her." I breath.

"Eden we all have our pasts we don't want to face. After my mother lost her wings, she was obsessed with getting her revenge on my father's most trusted friend. Instead of using her magic to protect me, she used it for evil, ran away and left me helpless. What was a 8 year old in the Moors supposed to do by himself? Cole doesn't even know who his mother is, only that his mother abandoned him. I took him and flew away from my parents. Pan found me and even though he knows nothing about me, he still took me in."

"Wait so doesn't that mean your mother is...."

"Maleficent."