Blast from the past

Start from the beginning

Scott jumped off the stage with two microphones in his hand. He began singing as he walked towards us
"I'll sleep tonight but the war's far from over
Tomorrow is no guarantee
If I don't return from this life of a soldier
Don't you be crying for me."

They always knew how to get to me. This song. We wrote this after I found out my dad had been shot while on duty, when we didn't know if he was going to make it or not. It's a medley of different songs we've written.

Scott stopped right in front of me for the last line. He hands me the microphone and I know what he wants me to do.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the microphone with a shaky hand.

"There's a car pulling up and the man who's inside
Takes a deep breath as he straightens his tie
It's nothing new cause he's done this before
She knew it as soon as he knocked on the door
Please someone please tell me I must be dreaming
What will I do oh, I just can't believe it
Taken away, oh he's
Taken away
Someone take me away
Someone take me away."

"Just like old times Smithy"

He pulled me up to the stage and with the help of Jason actually pulled me onto the stage.
Sarah's singing her part and as soon as i'm balanced on the stage she grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug, with tears rolling down her cheeks. She always was the softie of the group.
The gang's back together. It's like old times.

"Every day every hour turn the pain into power." Dave sang as I wiped Sarah's tears away.

"When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That's a how a superhero learns to fly
Every day, every hour
Turn the pain into power" Jason and Scott sang in perfect harmony

"She's got lions in her heart
A fire in her soul
He's a got a beast in his belly
That's so hard to control
'Cause they've taken too much hits
Taking blow by blow
Now light a match, stand back, watch them explode" I wrap my arm around Sarah as we sing.

"Every day every hour turn the pain into power, power, power."

"If you could see me now would you recognize me?
Would you pat me on the back or would you criticize me?
Would you follow every line on my tear-stained face
Put your hand on a heart that was cold
As the day you were taken away?
I know it's been a while but I can see you clear as day" I remember them insisting that this be my solo. The tears began clouding my vision but I refuse to let them fall.

The beat slowed down as Jason stepped forward.
"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing, Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in.
They say bad things happen for a reason But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding."

The music completely stopped and we all softly sang the last line.
"I'm still alive but i'm barely breathing."

I wipe my eyes just before I'm pulled into a group hug. I can hear the people clapping and cheering for us.

The DJ takes over the stage as Bonnie rushes over to me but Luke beats her to it. He places me behind him and growls at the boys. Jason wraps a protective arm around Sarah.
"If you know what's good for her then you'll let go of her." This just made Luke tighten his grip.
"She's mine."

Zack and Aaron weren't far behind us. If I don't act now then there's going to be World War 3.
"Stop it !!" They all looked at me.

"All of you. You are acting like a group of 6 year olds. Now we are not going to make a scene. We are going to calmly walk into the next room where it is quieter and talk about this like adults, I am not so rag doll that you can just pull around. Now come on Bonnie, Sarah."
I grabbed the girls arms and we walked out of the room. Leaving them with their tails between their legs.