Chapter 71

If you like this story, leave a star and comment! More love = more chapters!

~*Ω*~

In the morning, Jesse explained to his twin sister everything that he had learned during his time at the hospital and all the events that happened after the Storm. He rambled on about learning Isa was their aunt, worrying if the others were okay, what he had gone through when Jess disabled the Witherstorm, and explaining his new relationship with the Order. She listened intently, torso leaning forward in curiosity and a need to know every detail.

"So, Ivor and Soren are missing?" The light-skinned girl, much paler from being inside, held her face as she thought about it. "Ivor... treated me very well despite me losing my memories. He was the one who told me the truth about the Order, to be straight."

"I keep hearing about 'the truth'. What the heck do you guys mean?" Jesse complained, crossing his arms.

"Nobody told you?"

"No. I've only heard about this like twice."

Jess held her hands, the cool metal of her prosthetic grazing her palm. "So... you were taken to the hospital by Olivia and Ellegaard, right? Well, when we split up, we took refuge at a cave and–"

Oh, right. The cave. Lukas. She couldn't believe that happened to them. Why did she always make things worse? It's not like she would have known that he would get so angry, especially since she had lost her memory, but... ugh. Where did he go?

"Jess?" Her brother leaned in front of her. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah," she muttered. "I'll tell you after this."

She rubbed her prosthetic with her left hand, continuing on with her original thoughts. "At the cave, Ivor suddenly appeared and I guess Soren and him argued for a bit. I can't remember exactly since I was spaced out for two days or something. Ivor said he had the solution to the Witherstorm and so we went with him to his base which was all the way in the Far Lands."

"Wow. That far? So while I was out, you guys made a trip and back."

"Yeah." Jess half-heartedly chuckled. "The poor horses. Anyways, Gabriel and Magnus stayed behind since Gabriel's sickness was getting worse so Axel, Soren, and I went. On the way, we got separated from Ivor and so we had to go by ourselves. Ivor's base is in the middle of a Mojang ruin, did you know that?"

Jesse's eyes widened. "Really? Where?"

"The ruin was inside the Far Lands. It was really well hidden and Soren was going off about preserving history and stuff, haha. So, in the middle was this small, rundown house, right? Well, Ivor had a secret doorway in the fireplace and I got stuck on the other end. So, I went by myself and in the middle of this room were relics of the Order! Ice, ghast tears, prismarine, and the actual dragon egg!"

"Wait - from the Ender Dragon fight?" Jesse stood up from his seat and had both hands on the rails of her bed, freaking out.

"Yeah!" Jess exclaimed. "Unfortunately, I didn't know who the Order was so I didn't realize how important they were." She brought her hand up to her necklace from when they had met with Gabriel at the train station. The Dragon shard hanging off the ender pearl reminded her of Lukas who had the other half of the shard and she flinched, retracting her hand. "Ivor came back from a secret path and showed me that the relics were actually part of a puzzle to unlock the next door. Then, there was another puzzle about the Ender Dragon fight with a recreation of the Dragon on the wall and - ugh, it was really cool. Anyways, we got to the last room and there was a remote on a pedestal and behind that were the end crystals."

"The end crystals? But–"

"Yeah. They were destroyed in the fight. But Ivor told me otherwise. They had never actually slayed the Dragon. In the end, Soren used the command chip and all the electric from it caused the Dragon to die from exhaustion. Ivor said Soren made up the whole story and the others agreed to keep it on the down low. He was so angry about it that he left the Order and that's why he tried to get revenge on them."

The male twin sat back down. "So... the whole story that Gabriel told us. It was a lie?" His own hand went to his accessory and he clutched it.

"Yeah. It was. But I don't hold it against any of them. They all had their own reasons."

"So that's why they said Soren did it to protect them..." Jesse trailed off. "Well, sis, you said there was something else?"

Her face fell. "Ah. Yeah." She looked down at her lap, sighing. "Uhm, so I'm pretty sure you've heard things here and there already. Lukas and I had a fight at the cave."

"Something like that."

"He was... doubting himself. Kept blaming himself for getting me caught in the Witherstorm and a bunch of other stuff. I don't know what came over me, but I slapped him and he didn't take it very well. It ended up turning into insults and he left the group, saying he would look for his 'real friends'." Jess felt her voice get caught in her throat and she held back a hiccup. "I've... felt so bad about since then. I don't know if it was because I didn't know who he was at the time or if something came through from before we made up but... argh, it was such a mess and I wish it never happened."

"But... he gave you his jacket?" Jesse looked over at the counter by them which had the tattered leather jacket neatly folded up and Jess stared at it longingly. "Yeah. But that was before the fight. I guess in the heat of the moment, he forgot about it. I want to give it back but... I don't think I could face him right now. I don't even know where he is..."

"You know, I asked Isa if she had seen anyone with his description. Do you have an idea of where he went?"

"I'm not sure, but he said he would go find his 'real friends'. He was probably referring to the other Ocelots." Jess turned to her brother with a sullen look. "Jay, am I a terrible friend?"

"No, you're not," Jesse insisted, grabbing her hands. His internal rage roared at Lukas for hurting his sister but he held it back, knowing that it was not only Lukas's fault. "You are a wonderful person. It was just the heat of the moment, like you said. You both were upset."

"I- I kind of miss him." She leaned into Jesse's shoulder who held her head.

"If I see him around, I'll mention something."

"No, don't, just..." She looked back at the jacket. "Bring me some threads and a needle, yeah? All kinds of colors."

"What for? Are you sewing the jacket? It's black—"

"Don't ask questions. Please. Just do it and don't say any of this to the others."

Jesse exhaled and nodded. "Okay. I won't."

The sunlight peeked through a seam in the wall and illuminated a line over the twins, tying them together for one final moment.