Chapter 32

((Edit: Apparently, Wattpad posted a previous unfinished version of this chapter so I have reuploaded it.))

This is where the storyline starts to... twist a bit. Although we will still follow the events in the original gameplay, they may occur out of order, but not too far from each other. I have not skipped over or forgotten anything.

(Another note: this chapter has not been proofread since I was too excited to get it out lol. Pointing out mistakes or making suggestions like "use more simple sentences" is okay!)

Have fun reading and follow/leave a star/comment if you like it :)

~*Ω*~

"The Witherstorm seems to have gone in a different direction." The dark-skinned girl wiped some redstone dust off her hands. "It's not coming our way anymore. I wonder why?"

"I don't really know," replied the blonde male a few feet away on the ground, restringing a bow. "Hey, Olivia, where do you think Soren is?"

Olivia stood up and turned her head around, clapping her hands together to get some more excess dust off. "Probably far, far away building something amazing. What do you think, Lukas?"

"Well, the amulet didn't show his beam, so I was thinking the Nether, maybe. Or the End, if that's possible." He managed to get the string taut again and he pulled it back experimentally. "Gabriel's color didn't show up either, and he was most likely in the Nether when we used it, so that's my reasoning."

"That makes sense." The young engineer placed a sort of wall down with a bunch of wires behind it. Taping the wires to the back of the wall, she hooked them up to the sensor on the right and a few clicks happened in succession, shooting off a large group of arrows downstairs.

"What did you just connect the wires to?" Lukas asked, curious.

"A light sensor. Daylight sensor to be specific." She pointed at the opaque sensor on the floor. "When it becomes night, the sensor deactivates, letting a different active line send a signal instead. The different lines all connect to the same outcome and can only work in that particular area. When the sensor is off, it periodically turns the dispensers downstairs on and shoots arrows about every two minutes in case someone is camping down there without us knowing."

"That's pretty smart," he nodded, eyes widening in curiosity. He put his makeshift bow down on the table with the levers and picked up some large branches that had been lying nearby. "Hey, can you help me carry these to the front door?"

"Yeah," Olivia said, standing up and stretching. She walked up to his left and lifted the other end of the branches. "Let's go before I drop these."

They carried the branches over to the front door and dropped them in the doorway. "Okay," Lukas exhaled, wiping his forehead, "The hard part is done. You can go back upstairs now."

"No, it's okay. I'm done with everything, just had to troubleshoot the dispensers. What are you doing?"

He looked at the branches and then up at the area around the doorway. "I was going to put a barrier around the doorway, like a fence of some sort. Don't need random animals barging their way in while we're sleeping or something. I found this wire in the library that we could use to connect the branches." Lukas pulled out the wire and smiled at Olivia as she examined the materials.

"Let's start digging some holes to put the branches in," she said.

Using some old stuff they found in the temple, they started to dig separate holes for each branch. When each hole was an adequate size, they lifted up a branch and inserted it, pushing it down to stabilize it. Once the branch was able to stand by itself, they scooped some of the leftover dirt and pushed some back in to fill in the small cracks.