3- School Blues Part II

After dealing with that annoying thing, the rest of the day went smoothly.

Duke usually sat next to me in Economics but I had this strong feeling he was mortified to show up.

That stupid jock and his buddies, who think they're cool, but according to my badass meter, not, ditch school.

What losers, putting their education at risk but then again I'm a pretty shitty student myself, I thought, rolling my stunning eyes, and walking to my last period class, History, where we would be focusing on classics, particularly the Roman Empire.

At least lunch was great, Lizz and I hung out. She was back to her old self, making jokes, while I listened, smiled and laughed. Though I could have sworn I saw a hint of sadness in her watery dark, green eyes.

A part of me was getting severely impatient, though. When was my acceptance letter going to arrive?

Maybe they didn't like my routine and right now as I walk to class, they're figuring out how to break the news to me gently.

My heart thudded in my chest as a list of all the possible worst case scenarios came rushing at me. Damn, I need to calm down.

Attending Ice Skating Academy would be a dream come true. It was for the rich kids so duh, of course I could afford to go there. I would have gladly gotten Lizz to apply with me since she was also loaded, but ice skating isn't a passion of hers. It never was.

As I walked into the dreary gray classroom, the aroma of a bakery hit me. Every student was eating a frosted cupcake. All of their eyes turned on me.

Miss. Roman had her back to everyone as she scribbled nonsense on the board. She had a silver tiara in her auburn bun, held together by colorful blossoming flowers and she wore a pirate themed dress. Wearing glittering pink heels, she had on a large gold hoop in one ear while the other was left bare. Her red and black striped stockings went all the way up past her knees. If you thought my half-eaten pizza shirt was ridiculous, she just looked crazy and like she was from another planet. Despite her strange wardrobe choices, she's one of the rudest teachers ever and I swear she has a personal vendetta against me.

"So good of you to join us, Miss. Snow," she said coldly. "You just missed Yolanda, she brought a fresh tray of cupcakes from the cafeteria, for everyone sitting here, on time."

Miss. Roman's voice had "get the fuck out of MY class" written all over it. OK, so I was a little bit late but at least I didn't ditch.

I quickly scurried to my seat, face flushed. I could still feel eyes on me.

You know, our school really should put in place a mandatory manners class. Don't these bozos know it's rude to stare?

Brainless fools.

"And," Miss. Roman continued, glaring at me. "Everyone also got a sticker for showing up on time. Punctuality is important. In everything."

I balled my fists in anger. The nagging fool! She doesn't have to keep calling me out like that. I got the message the first time. 

Hag! Mongrel! GRRR! If she's going to be a coldhearted bitch, then two can play this sick game.

"What? Just a sticker and a cupcake? That's all?" I retorted.

Miss. Roman narrowed her eyes. "It's better than nothing, don't you think, you greedy uneducated student?"

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, and contemplated putting on black shades that I had stuffed in my purse. However, after thinking it over once more, I decided to leave it since I didn't want to get on Miss. Roman's bad side even more. She's so freaking evil! Any little action I do might agitate her. Sensitive nutty looney whose degree is probably fake like my mom's!

Miss. Roman glared at me for a good thirty seconds before she turned her attention back to the chalkboard. It honestly looks like a little kid drew on it. But then again, what did I expect from someone dressed up like a pirate?

In all honesty, I tried focusing my attention on Miss. Roman but her robotic voice made it extremely difficult to listen. Hate that witch with a burning passion, grr.

My eyes fluttered up and down a few times. Luckily, Miss. Roman always had her back to the class.

I'm pretty sure it's because the acne infested faces of teenagers going through puberty gross her out.

However, I have smooth, clear skin. I'd like to give credit to my diet, despite me being a hardcore junk food maniac at times, I consume boatloads of water and pack on a lot of fruits from time to time. I don't need to worry about Miss. Roman catching me drift off. At least, I think I don't. Even if she did see me sleeping, she'd force me awake and send me to the principal's office where they'd call my mom who'd bribe the corrupt employees and everything would be as good as new.

Sigh.

I end up dozing off, right on top of my notebook.

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

I awoke with a start as a student sitting next to me shook me awake.

Am in trouble? I thought, groggily.

Miss. Roman spun around.

Hopefully, she didn't notice that my face appears tired. To my dismay, her eyes bore into mine as she said the next few words in a chilling tone.

"Well class, we should conclude this lecture with a question," she declared, wiping chalk dust off her hands. "Ice, why don't you be the one to answer it?"

My pupils dilated, wide in shock. No longer was I tired, I was fully alert and awake. I didn't like it one bit that she called me out. Ugh.

"Me?" I pointed a finger towards myself.

"Who am I looking at, child?" Miss. Roman glared. "And I mentioned your name too, so come here to the front of the class."

I glared daggers at her. Getting up slowly, I walked all the way from where I was to where she was.

"OK first, I'm not a child, I'm a teenager. And ask away."

Miss. Roman rolled her eyes but spoke. "What were the two powers involved in the Punic War?"

"And don't you dare look at your peers for hints or else I'll take my favorite ruler and slap you with it," she added, venom dripping off her hideous tone.

My mind went blank.

Damn, don't let me be dumb like that clown Duke.

"Let me guess," I pretended to think so I would look somewhat educated and professional. "It was...it was between the North Pole and the South Pole?"

Complete horror bestowed upon Miss. Roman's face.

"What?!" she yelled. "No, you moronic object, did you not pay attention at all in my class?! You're a horrible person. I swear to the devil, you're dumber than a doorknob. I hope I never meet someone as uneducated as you. You're nothing."

The whole class, murmuring to each other just a few seconds before, were now silent.

I clenched my fists in anger.

I felt like exploding but took the calm approach.

"Sorry, my bad. No need to get so defensive," I told her in an expressionless voice. "I'll pay attention when you change your treacherous teaching methods."

Miss. Roman's face was flaming red now, like a chili pepper.

"You----" Miss. Roman caught herself, and I knew she was about to say something bad.

Really bad.

But she didn't go through with it. And the way she spoke to me hurt but I won't show it. "The class is finished," Miss. Roman concluded, exhausted "You can leave. In fact, I'm quite happy you're leaving."

"Me too, this class sucks balls," I said, heated and annoyed at Satan's little helper.

I spun around on my heels and stormed out of the hellhole.