10 - J is For Jerk

Mom came out of the house.

"Yes darling?"

"The damn car, where did it go?" I asked, angry. "Obviously it can't drive off on its own. We don't live in a magical world."

"Chill out honey, I let Jamie take it for a spin." Mom answered, nonchalantly.

"Already? You only just met him. Are you...in love with him, mom?"

"What?" Mom said, appalled I would suggest such a thing. "Of course not, sweetie! There's only one man for me, and that's Clark. That handsome boy captured my heart and now he's gone."

"Yeah, yeah, that's great. A cute little love story that ended in disaster." I shrugged, non-caring. No pity for the human better. "Anyway, how the hell am I supposed to get to Ice Skating Academy?"

"Sweetie, here's some money. Take the bus." She suggested. Obviously, at the moment using my bus pass was out of the question.

"No thank you." Honestly, I hate going on the bus.

A/N: To all you commuters out there, going on the bus daily is tiring, right, plus sometimes the people are super rude. Anyways, stay safe and be careful :D

"I'll try calling dad." I flipped out my phone as my mom glared. Clearly, she didn't like this idea one bit.

I dialed her number, which I got off Facebook. Surprisingly, she was very easy to find. Her page, Melody Snow, was open to the public and she had more friends than me! I admit I Facebook stalked her. From what I can see, she sure does go on a lot of vacations. But I'm betting you a million dollars she just green screens it like many Instagram stars out there.

After a few dials, it went to voicemail.

"We are very sorry to inform you, your call has not been picked up. Please try again and dial the number---"

I hung up angrily.

"He's not picking up."

"I knew it." Mom responded, coldly. "Don't be sad sweetie. He was always good at leaving. Well he was good in bed, too, even though he's gay. Oops, I meant she."

I can't believe I messed up on the pronoun again and my mom followed in my footsteps! I need to be more careful when I speak. Also, I'm at a loss of words and have nothing smart to say to my mom.

"..."

"One time---"

It looked like she was about to tell me about one of her midnight makeout sessions so I quickly put a stop to it.

"Mom, seriously? You know what? I'm just going to call Lizz and ask her."

As I was about to, my mom started waving and then blushed.

"Well, it looks like you don't have to sweetheart!" Mom said, enthusiastically. "Jamie is back. He can drive you."

"I'd rather be stabbed with multiple pins then get into a car with him."

"So stubborn. Fine, I'll drop you off." Mom said. "I needed to go to the police station anyway. To file a missing person's report."

"So you're going to tell them you bet Clark?"

"Not exactly. Just going to twist some words here and there." Mom said, awkwardly.

I'm disappointed.

"I mean, come on, the police force doesn't need to know every single detail, am I right?" Mom continued in her sheepish voice.

"Let's just get in the car." What else can I say?