There were murmurs of agreement throughout the room.

***

"Mrs Potter? Where do you want this?"

Tula stood in front of the elderly woman holding the tray of freshly baked muffins.

"Oh, just set them down anywhere, dear."

It was the day before Christmas eve. The Marauders were spending the night at James' before returning to their respective homes just in time for Christmas.

"Sure thing."

To the amusement of the boys, Tula always acted different around their mothers. Although, now knowing her past, Peter suddenly didn't find it as humerous.

She had lost hers in the most tragic way possible. Tula acted the way she did because she didn't want their mothers to think all the little things they did went unnoticed.

"What are you guys' Christmas plans this year anyways?" James asked his friends, handing out the plates.

"We're going to this muggle winter wonderland thing." Peter said, "Mum saw an add for it."

"Oh."

"Well, I'm going to this really cool place," Siruis began, "It's like spain, but the 'S' is silent."

Tula gave him a high five as James gave him a disapproving look and Peter frowned sympathetically.

Remus rested his hand on Siruis', making the boy jump and blush wildly. "You're always welcome at my place, you know that, right?"

Siruis nodded faintly, gazing intently into Remus' eyes.

"What about you, Tules?"

"Nothing special." She responded vaguely, already eating. Her mind was drifting slightly, ever since she had told Peter about her past, her minds defense around that night was shattered, and her mind was somehow referencing the smallest of things to then.

Tules sounded like Toodles.

It was such a stupid thing to remember. But it made her heart ache and all she wanted was to hear her sister say it one last time.

It didn't help that it was on boxing day that the fire happend. It was so close, only three days away.

"V? Vixen? Vix?"

Tula jumped as the boys faces suddenly appeared in hers, clicking their fingers.

"Yo, what the frick!?"

James snickered, "You spaced. What was up with that?"

She shrugged. "Just thinking. Nothing important, anyway, what are we watching tonight?"

Easily distracted, James and Siruis began discussing which muggle movie to watch that night. Ever the observant one of the group, Remus didn't miss the look Peter sent to his friend, one which she pointedly ignored.

Who was the last person to call Tula, Toodles?

She could remember Amber saying it the night of her death, but she wasn't the last. No, it was Ashton.

That was the last time she'd seen Ashton, too. Tula could barely remember her familys funeral, she was barely even conscious from what she remembered.

She hadn't visited their graves since that day, she knew her grandfather would be heading down to the local pub on Christmas day, and more than likely wouldn't be returning until the day after boxing day at the earliest.

It would be more than possible for her to sneak off and visit the graves without him knowing. But the question was, could she handle it?

***

"Gets me every time."

"Such a great movie."

"A true treasure."

"Oh- here it is!"

"Three,"

"Two,"

"One,"

"Let it go! Let it go! Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go!"

Remus Lupin glared at his three best friends with a flat expression. Watching as they slung their arms over each others shoulders like somber, drunk, old men and sang along to the cartoon.

"Guys... really? Every year?"

They continued singing and swaying, eventually Siruis broke out into opera and in surprise, James jumped, making them all fall on each other up the floor.

Remus rolled his eyes, idiots.

Siruis was quick to blame Tula for messing up his hair and she was quick to fire back. James elected himself as referee as his friends broke into their usaul banter and Peter was given their wands to make sure nothing too serious would happen.

And, eventually, as Tula and Siruis engaged in a 'my voice can go higher than your voice' competition that Remus' ears absolutely hated. He couldn't help but smile.

They may have been idiots, but they were his idiots.

***

A/N

Okay, so, quick note. There's gonna be a time skip next chapter. Which will happen for a reason.

Like I said earlier, I wanna bring the fast forwards back in The Marauders seventh year and in Harrys fifth. If I am going to do so, I don't fancy repeating myself.

So, certain scenes will remain as question marks until Harry views them in Snapes pensieve.

Capeesh? (I really don't know how to spell that.)

That's it really. I've had Tula's back story planned for a while, so I know while it seems I'm rushing this, I'm just siked that I finally get to show off.

Also- I know Frozen isn't really era appropriate, but it's a fanfic. And I couldn't really think of a movie quite like that one for the end scene.

P.S

Im currengly editing this like a year later and ive lost all will to live.