━ CHAPTER NINE

PETER STARED AT HIS BEST FRIEND

PETER STARED AT HIS BEST FRIEND. He had known her since before they even step foot in Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry.

"W-what?"

He whispered, eyes the size of plates.

It suddenly made sense, the reason why Tula had reacted the way she did when Siruis almost killed Snape.

She shook her head, brown hair falling into her honey coloured eyes. She forced a smile onto her lips. "I'm fine, don't worry about me Wormtail. Just- don't tell anyone else, okay?"

He nodded his head slowly and watched helplessly as she stood up and walked swiftly back into the school.

What other secrets were his friends hiding?

***

"How close would you say you and your best friend are?" Remus Lupin read from the magazine, "Well, obviously that's James."

Siruis and James who were sitting across from the teenager nodded in agreement.

"I'm very close with James." Siruis said. "This year we shared a toothbrush."

Remus wrinkled his nose up in disgust as James gave Siruis an odd look. "...I was not aware of that."

"Well, we did."

"What the fuck, Pads?"

Siruis shrugged with a roguish grin and looked over his friends shoulder. "Vixen! Wormtail! Where'd you guys go?"

The two friends shared a look and Tula's eyes widend breifly before saying, "Lily tried to use the map."

James spat out his drink as Siruis howled in laughter. "No. No no no no, what'd it say to her? She knows our nicknames!"

"That's the thing," Tula said, she quickly relayed what Peter had told her. Remus, however, looked at the blonde boy. He was pale, and kept wringing his hands like he knew something he didn't want to as well as the fact he kept shooting furtive looks at Tula.

"That's weird." Siruis said, bringing Remus out of his thoughts. "Why would the map malfunction?"

"Somehow the map must of got a view of James likes and dislikes, I wonder how that happend?"

"Well," The werewolf joined in. "The homnocules charm is tricky. Because we didn't want the map to succumb to the Master spell, the homnocules charm had to get a reading on who it would allow to use the map. So it must have picked up on James' feelings for Lily."

Silence followed Remus' theory until it was broken by Tula. "Our map if officially more observant than James. Holy shit."

James shot her a glare.

"You know," Siruis said thoughtfully. "We should add a feature where it recognises fellow Mischeif makers. You know, so when we leave future generations can use it. We won't need it."